Spammers should Die.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just checked, we've booted 30+ for spamming so far this month. Sheesh. Talking to another admin who doesn't have our shields, he's blocking 10-15 a day. Right now, almost all of ours are using Gmail addresses, coming from Russia.

jkembry

Black Belt
Reaction score
Wasn't there one that pled guilty recently....and Bob...glad you have those filters. As one who works in the Information Security Field, spamming can do more damage in some cases than you would realize.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We block a couple 10's of thousands of IPs, and around 4,000 domains, most .ru and .cn. Also, our real name rules on registrations helps us ID the majority of bots fast.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Right here in Michigan:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/se...g_alan_ralsky_pleads_g.html?wprss=securityfix

Accused Spam King Alan Ralsky Pleads Guilty

Alan Ralsky, a 64-year-old Michigan man that federal investigators say was among the world's top spam kingpins, pleaded guilty on Monday to running a multi-million dollar international stock fraud scam powered by junk e-mail.

Ralsky (pictured at right, courtesy of Spamhaus) and his son-in-law and chief financial officer Scott K. Bradley, 38, also of Michigan, pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit wire fraud, money laundering and to violate the CAN-SPAM Act. Under the terms of his plea agreement, Ralsky faces as much as 87 months in prison and a $1 million fine, while Bradley could get as much as 78 months in prison and a $1 million fine under the federal sentencing guidelines.

Once upon a time, I was an active anti-spammer. Geez, it's been over a decade already. Time flies.

http://news.cnet.com/2100-1023-207228.html

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Death is too good fot them, cut off a piece of them each time they fo it.

Tensei85

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Death is too good fot them, cut off a piece of them each time they fo it.

I sense some hostility towards spammers here... Well maybe cause the thread name is Spammers should Die! :)

But on a serious note, that's crazy!

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nah, I whole heartedly think that spammers should be shot. Preferably out of a canon, at a high brick wall, on PPV, with the proceeds going to the Make a Wish foundation. This way, they will actually be of some use.

:D

Tensei85

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Nah, I whole heartedly think that spammers should be shot. Preferably out of a canon, at a high brick wall, on PPV, with the proceeds going to the Make a Wish foundation. This way, they will actually be of some use.

:uhyeah:

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Nah, I whole heartedly think that spammers should be shot. Preferably out of a cannon, at a high brick wall, on PPV, with the proceeds going to the Make a Wish foundation. This way, they will actually be of some use.

I'd pay to watch it.
Can I have a few shots if I make a nice contribution to Make A Wish?

Latest Discussions