Sore joints

OP
jezr74

jezr74

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I may have found my problem. I was too hard to explain my problem, so I took a different direction and had my Sensei show me in detail the complete strike. I think I may have been turning my fist to early and was causing me to have too much time to over extend.

But I have also been looking at diet and fish oil as had been suggested, which sounds like a good thing to start anyway.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

rframe

Green Belt
Reaction score
I'm basically the same age. I take fish oil and glucosamine daily. The most important thing I've found is a good warm up before workouts and a good stretching routine after the workouts. I'm not as flexible as age comes on and the stretching after workouts is absolutely essential. I can stretch out in 5 minutes or less and it nearly eliminates sore joints the following day.

OP
jezr74

jezr74

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've managed to go from injury to injury, my latest is a torn meniscus. I finally had my elbow joints worked out, over extending.

I warm up ok, I stretch after training. I when I'm doing cardio or weights on the off days I'm fine. I just seem to be struggling with the angles of Karate (if that makes sense). This has been an issue for me from the start, by flexibility has improved, but I'm thinking maybe the style doesn't suit me.

Are the styles different enough in strikes that I'd be using muscles and tendons differently, switch to a soft style?

for example. I believe WC generally only kick below the belt. That sounds appealing. :drink2tha

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've managed to go from injury to injury, my latest is a torn meniscus. I finally had my elbow joints worked out, over extending.

I warm up ok, I stretch after training. I when I'm doing cardio or weights on the off days I'm fine. I just seem to be struggling with the angles of Karate (if that makes sense). This has been an issue for me from the start, by flexibility has improved, but I'm thinking maybe the style doesn't suit me.

Are the styles different enough in strikes that I'd be using muscles and tendons differently, switch to a soft style?

for example. I believe WC generally only kick below the belt. That sounds appealing. :drink2tha

Some techniques we actually kick as high as the solar plexus or up into the rib cage , but we generally like to have control of at least one of the opponents arms and thus their balance when we do it.

Latest Discussions