So what is the origin of TKD

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I still don't actually :) Like I've alluded before "if it helps me punch harder, I'm all for it... if not.. then it's an idle curiosity but I don't take it too seriously", but that's just because of where my focus lies. Others have different interests

I was like that too... when I was closer to 30 than 50 and single :D

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Personally, I'm happy with the modern history of Taekwondo. Trying to link it to subok or taekyeon is beyond the scope of my studies at this point in time.

Intersting topic.

Daniel

jim777

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Historically speaking, what I'd really like to know is if frankfurters really come from Frankfurt, and if hamburgers really come from Hamburg. No one ever touches that subject, so there must be a reason. Just sayin'

:lol:

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Historically speaking, what I'd really like to know is if frankfurters really come from Frankfurt, and if hamburgers really come from Hamburg. No one ever touches that subject, so there must be a reason. Just sayin'

why is Italy credited for the pizza when it came from china, that one is mind blowing.:erg:

jim777

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I thought the Japanese occupation of Italy was what brought us spaghetti? If it's really pizza, then I slept through more classes than I thought :lol: I guess it also plays a role in the origin of Sake, which is just bad Japanese Pinot Grigio :lol:

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Yes, as an aside, I will say this -- there is ONE place in my city where you can get a RIGHTEOUS pizza pie! I mean a pizza that will turn your head! Me and my weightlifting buddy are going to go there again someday and put one away! Oh, you people have made me hungry now!

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

And they jumped on me for asking about TKD history.

Damn it man are you INTENTIONALLY trying to start a war :D

Hot Dog History

Hamburger History

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
200 years from now, archeologist will be reviewing these computer records and arguing that very point...

DAMN!!! I did it again.. started a flame post without even trying... and 200 years form now no less :uhyeah:

OK I'm off to start my MMA vs TMA post now followed by my "If you don't train Sanshou your a wimp" thread :D

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok back to something useful, did the korean design TKD or did TKD design the Koreans?

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Ok back to something useful, did the korean design TKD or did TKD design the Koreans?

Now that is an interesting question but I imagine you would have to know a lot about Korean culture prior to the appearance of TKD and Korean Culture after. And I know very little about Korean culture