So our Facebook post blew up in to a massive troll fest.

D

Deleted member 39746

Yeah. The streetfighter thing is so common in sports that they are basically a running joke.

They don't do well when the other guy has any skill generally.

I think nerves during a fight isn't exactly uncommon.

There are too many rules in MMA, it would not be fair to my groin grabbing based system, or give it a fair represantion. :p

I dont know whats meant to be memey here? Its just a sports match, if you have a opinion about females doingnthat it would be universal for all fo them.

Also, i dont tend to knock street fighting systems, as far as i recall savate came from criminals, it was a codified system of a criminal fighting methods, and i think some others share in a similar history of being codifed from what criminals have done and "stree fighters". Jailhouse rock is the only other that comes to mind. (lets be fair, most probbly wouldnt praise or use that as a advertismeent scheme, so some of the older ones could have maybe erased that hisotry if they had it)

if you look at the fact underground boxing is a thing and is close to no rules barred and they seem to do well or just adapt the tradtional boxing regiment to it, its one of those.

OP
drop bear

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Street System...wow, that's not even a real thing.
But you can tell by people's comments, what their real experience is.

Really, there is no reason for you and I to continue this conversation.

Definitely. That is the joke about street fighters in MMA. They pretend to have real experience and wind up getting messed up by some nerd with real, real experience.

Not just how tough someone was when they punched a guy who wasn't looking.

OP
drop bear

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
There are too many rules in MMA, it would not be fair to my groin grabbing based system, or give it a fair represantion. :p

I dont know whats meant to be memey here? Its just a sports match, if you have a opinion about females doingnthat it would be universal for all fo them.

Also, i dont tend to knock street fighting systems, as far as i recall savate came from criminals, it was a codified system of a criminal fighting methods, and i think some others share in a similar history of being codifed from what criminals have done and "stree fighters". Jailhouse rock is the only other that comes to mind. (lets be fair, most probbly wouldnt praise or use that as a advertismeent scheme, so some of the older ones could have maybe erased that hisotry if they had it)

if you look at the fact underground boxing is a thing and is close to no rules barred and they seem to do well or just adapt the tradtional boxing regiment to it, its one of those.

I think you will find criminals who actually fought people and were good at it were sports fighters.

Probably traditionally boxers more than anything.

The Cray's for example

There is that thread that refers to Tony Sirico. Who has spent time in gaol.
And guess what?

Boxing.

Last edited:

jayoliver00

Black Belt
Reaction score
Look at her eyes before the match even started, she already had a blank stare. Then during the fight, you could see it in her body language. She was too jittery she wasn't ready.

You're hilarious.

That was one of the better 1st fight I've seen.

jayoliver00

Black Belt
Reaction score
Street System...wow, that's not even a real thing.
But you can tell by people's comments, what their real experience is.

Really, there is no reason for you and I to continue this conversation.

I think you've watched too many movies and have convinced your subconscious that these movies happened to you in real life.

Graywalker

Brown Belt
Reaction score
That's the blank stare of fearlessness, a clear sign she's not only ready to fight, but to die if necessary.

Anyone gloving up in a combat arena has the same mentality, or they are not prepared.

She was amazing! Don't feel so intimidated by her greatness.
That is stupid.

Graywalker

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I think you've watched too many movies and have convinced your subconscious that these movies happened to you in real life.
I believe it's from using my art in reality and not believing the fantasy world of sport combat...is effective.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know...the vast majority of the time this is bang on. The actual definition is someone that contributes solely to get an emotional response, but these days all that takes is for someone to dare to disagree.

Welcome to the outrage generation lol
Agreed....you frickin' troll.

Graywalker

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Really though in the end, I shouldn't have commented as I have very little respect for sport arts and their practitioners.

I refrain from comment ing on sports.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really though in the end, I shouldn't have commented as I have very little respect for sport arts and their practitioners.

I refrain from comment ing on sports.
My issue is that you make baseless assumptions about the people you comment to. If you said something about my lack of "street" experience, that'd be reasonably valid. But you didn't choose me as the target for that - you made an assumption (and were wrong). Which is also likely what you did with your comment about her preparedness.

D

Deleted member 39746

I think you will find criminals who actually fought people and were good at it were sports fighters.

Probably traditionally boxers more than anything.

The Cray's for example

There is that thread that refers to Tony Sirico. Who has spent time in gaol.
And guess what?

Boxing.
Reverse that, some street fighting styles became actual sports. People who do violence for a living do have a training regiment of some descrition. If you do it in a boxing gym, svate gym, in yoru back garden etc doesnt matter, you work with what you have. "do it for a living" is probbly wrong, its normally a secondment to something else like most hobbyists. Somone who goes out and punching a bag now and then is probbly better off than someone who doesnt at all anyway.

have to take into account if somone ends up in prision it is highly unlikely they are going to be able to continque doing martial arts practise, you tend to loose a lot of autonomy in action.

Addendum: sort of a lot of myths around this subject, its generally best to practise doing something first before you have to do it for real if you can. There is a reason why good criminals are a force to be reconed with, oppertunism is just by definition if they think they can get away with it.

OP
drop bear

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Reverse that, some street fighting styles became actual sports. People who do violence for a living do have a training regiment of some descrition. If you do it in a boxing gym, svate gym, in yoru back garden etc doesnt matter, you work with what you have. "do it for a living" is probbly wrong, its normally a secondment to something else like most hobbyists. Somone who goes out and punching a bag now and then is probbly better off than someone who doesnt at all anyway.

have to take into account if somone ends up in prision it is highly unlikely they are going to be able to continque doing martial arts practise, you tend to loose a lot of autonomy in action.

Addendum: sort of a lot of myths around this subject, its generally best to practise doing something first before you have to do it for real if you can. There is a reason why good criminals are a force to be reconed with, oppertunism is just by definition if they think they can get away with it.

Boxing is one of the oldest sports. And one that is practiced in prison.

The idea that an enforcer or a debt collector has a history in a combat sport is not uncommon.

Rather than training in some street style. Which I think is uncommon.

Latest Discussions