Site Update - July 3 2011

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Bob

I just Click on "Gallery" on the home page adn above and it gave me a blank drop down. If I mouse over the blank space links appear, you may want to check the text and/or link color on that one

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Bob Bob Bob.... you actually want me to believe that MICROSOFT would be the problem, I mean I have been on enough tech support calls with Microsoft to know it is NEVER them... it is always the other guy... so it HAS to be an MT issue :D

thanks I shall try the fix at work. I do not seem to have the problem on my home PC which is also IE9

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well yeah. It's either that, or I somehow managed to work in that little bit of code that says "If Xue at work, Then give him funny display, else work normal".

I'm honestly too lazy to do that. I mean, Netflix has all 3 seasons of Star Trek TOS streaming in HD. That's just more important. :D

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm having a weird display issue. Can anyone duplicate it?
Firefox 5 on Mac OSX Snow Leopard.
Video heavy threads break after an embeded video, preventing rest of posts display.
Works fine in Safari and Chrome.
No reports of similar on vB's support forum that I can find.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well yeah. It's either that, or I somehow managed to work in that little bit of code that says "If Xue at work, Then give him funny display, else work normal".

I'm honestly too lazy to do that. I mean, Netflix has all 3 seasons of Star Trek TOS streaming in HD. That's just more important. :D

Now I feel better, per usual Microsoft support is wrong.

I had MT in compatibility view at work already, due to the "You ain't got no rights to post" issues when I tried to edit a post with a link or add a link, and I was having the above issue. I took MT out of compatibility view, cleared IE and I am still having the same issue. However it could be something our network is doing. Either way it is not that big a deal to me and I shall not pursue it further.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Bob

I was just over at FMA talk and checked the gallery drop down and it works fine. But it is a blue field with white letters. On MT I get a white field with white letters so I cannot see anything unless I scroll over it so the lettering turns blue. And it does not matter what if I am using vB4 Default style or New VB, both are showing white letters on a white background

Not sure if this is me or you but that is what I am seeing, just wanted to let you know

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Interesting thing occurring here Bob on the new MT

If I type in Word 2003 on a Vistabox it spell checks fine and all the spaces are perfect. However when I copyand paste it onto MT and then clear formatting a post I loose some of the spacesbetween words and then have to go back and edit to get the proper spacing

The above is how it posts and what follows it what I see in word 2003

Interesting thing occurring here Bob on the new MT

If I type in Word 2003 on a Vista box it spell checks fine and all the spaces are perfect. However when I copy and paste it onto MT and then clear formatting a post I loose some of the spaces between words and then have to go back and edit to get the proper spacing

I first noticed this in the CMA coming from Africa post

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I.ll try and look into these asap. At a training camp this weekend.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Another quirk for the list to work on: Apparently, you can't remove/change rep once you issue it. I accidentally neg-repped someone and wanted to remove it, and can't seem to do so.

Latest Discussions