'Body armour' for work...

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
maybe something like this?
Blitz Standard Reversible Block Body Armour - Martial Art Shop

Under a baggy sweatshirt or something it might not be too obvious.
I totally get what you mean about the UK and it's attitudes towards...well anything really.
Got stopped once walking to the park carrying a cricket bat to - guess what - play cricket. My friend had the ball, stumps and wickets, but apparently I was carrying a dangerous weapon. Go figure :rolleyes:
L

perhaps it was the warlike look on your face? :D

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol, I do get a certain look when I get a length of wood in my hands, a certain...up to no good look :angelic:
L

To be honest I don't know what to say to that.......! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Argus

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
A bit late to this thread, but...

Geez. Personally, I'd be considering a change of employment.

But, barring that, do what you must to ensure your safety. And don't just assume that you won't need to worry about a knife. Chances are, you won't see the knife anyway; you'll think you've just been punched, when you start feeling funny and realize that you have a hole in you. It's prudent to assume that your attacker has a knife, and that you won't be aware of it initially if at all.

The best thing you can do is to get some training. Armor will only give you a second chance if you happen to slip up, and that's if you're fortunate enough to be wearing the right protection in the right place at the right time. Ultimately, it's up to you to ensure your own safety.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A bit late to this thread, but...

Geez. Personally, I'd be considering a change of employment.

But, barring that, do what you must to ensure your safety. And don't just assume that you won't need to worry about a knife. Chances are, you won't see the knife anyway; you'll think you've just been punched, when you start feeling funny and realize that you have a hole in you. It's prudent to assume that your attacker has a knife, and that you won't be aware of it initially if at all.

The best thing you can do is to get some training. Armor will only give you a second chance if you happen to slip up, and that's if you're fortunate enough to be wearing the right protection in the right place at the right time. Ultimately, it's up to you to ensure your own safety.

Yeah, but not to detriment of others if can be helped. The right protection is having the ability to pound the twat through the decking!

Latest Discussions