MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:pinky1:Testing with Chrome in OSX.:dalek:

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Bob,
Thank you for your efforts. It'll get some time for me to get used to the new changes.

Ceicei

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
clear your cache. It's fixed a few other issues, though I don't have access to IE9 to test.

I'm not entirely daft you know....well I am a little but not entirely.

I did all that prior to even logging on the first time, before I had the extra step. It is really not that big a deal but it is annoying

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
One thing I've noticed is that there are still two Reply buttons -- but the functionality changed slightly. The plain "Reply" button unlocks the typing window so that you can type a reply -- but it won't include the existing post. The "Reply With Quote" includes the post you're replying to, but it still opens the reply window at the bottom of the page.

From either option, you can click "Go Advanced" to get fancier options, more like the old Quote button.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm not entirely daft you know....well I am a little but not entirely.

I did all that prior to even logging on the first time, before I had the extra step. It is really not that big a deal but it is annoying

Wasn't suggesting you were, but figured mentioning it might help folks out.

What problems are you encountering in IE9? Give me some specifics and I can look to see if they are known issues, etc.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
One thing I've noticed is that there are still two Reply buttons -- but the functionality changed slightly. The plain "Reply" button unlocks the typing window so that you can type a reply -- but it won't include the existing post. The "Reply With Quote" includes the post you're replying to, but it still opens the reply window at the bottom of the page.

From either option, you can click "Go Advanced" to get fancier options, more like the old Quote button.

There is also another reply button at the very bottom that works like the reply button by each post.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Post reindexing continues, estimated finish is between 9am and noon on the 4th. It's currently working in the 400k range, has about 900k more posts to go.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Modification to the New Posts link.

You -may- see some numbers there in a bright green. Something like this 5|4
First # is new posts
Second is updated topics.

You -may- see a little arrow there. Selecting it brings up a drop down menu that should let you view new posts by major section (excluding the other sections)

I say -may- as it's a bit quirky and may not work on all browsers.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
FYI, Edit Post, Reply, and Reply with Quote do not work with Chromium on Linux (this distro is Crashbang). Just get an hourglass forever. Also very slow. And please tell me there is a way to turn off all the eye candy and put the skins back the way they were for individual settings?

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's not quite where I want the colors, but the back end's a PITA to tweak.

So far, tested on the default browser on my Droid (Android 2.2), Tablet (Android 3.0), and on Mac OSX Firefox, Safari and Chrome.

Everything looks right, some functionality issues with the new editor on the Android platforms, plus missing smilie options across them all.

I need Windows reports as well as iPad if anyone can do some testing and post results?

Danke. :)

Thesemindz

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm grumpy and fear change. Damn these kids and their nintendo machines.Is there still a way to only look at "new martial arts posts" so I don't have to see the study?-Rob

Thesemindz

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hey, here's a glitch. I hit reply and typed out my last post, but there were several blank lines between the sentences, you know, for emphasis.It would appear that the carriage return doesn't work in quick reply.-Rob

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
FYI, Edit Post, Reply, and Reply with Quote do not work with Chromium on Linux (this distro is Crashbang). Just get an hourglass forever. Also very slow. And please tell me there is a way to turn off all the eye candy and put the skins back the way they were for individual settings?

vB 4 themes aren't backwards compatible with the 3 ones unfortunately.
For the editor, try switching to a different one (settings option) (See Here for details)

There will be some speed issues for the next 9-12 hours as the database is busy reindexing the 1.4 million posts we've got. Dual Xeon server that's currently going 'damn I'm hot' as a result. :D

I'm tweaking things as I can. Look through the Settings option, some new stuff in there, a lot is customizable at member levels now. (Settings is top right of the screen).

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey, here's a glitch. I hit reply and typed out my last post, but there were several blank lines between the sentences, you know, for emphasis.It would appear that the carriage return doesn't work in quick reply.-Rob

OS, OS version, browser, and browser version?

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
iPhone 3g. I think I'm running 4.1os, but I'm not sure. It's been a while since I updated. Standard safari iPhone browser.-Rob

Thanks.
I'm looking for a mobile-friendly skin at the moment that may help.

Thesemindz

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Ok. So I can look at new posts by major forums but not all the ma forums at once like before huh?Bummer. Oh well. So you know, I'm having the same typing problem in the full reply section as in the quick reply.-Rob

Thesemindz

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Btw, I'm sure you're going to hear a lot of complaints over the changes. For what it's worth, I appreciate that you provide this forum, and I appreciate that your spending your holiday weekend upgrading it. As a non-paying member who has benefited greatly from martialtalk over the years, it does mean a lot.Back to the grumbling.-Rob

Latest Discussions