Site Sluggishness 2/27/2007

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bob - I'm glad you know what you're doing, because if it was up to me, I'd just start kicking computers until they started working....

My system administrator at work had to put my computer on my desk because everytime it doesn't work, I kick it. :)

Just out of curiosity, MB—do you use a side kick, a front snap kick or a roundhouse when you kick computers... and which of them is most effective? :D

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
ROFL!

I actually once had cards that read "Geek to English Translator" made. :D
Thank you :)

Ah, you cheat! Great to know our Admiral shares my secret MA philosophy. Is there a special MT private club with signet ring for us likeminded individuals? :lol:

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, MB—do you use a side kick, a front snap kick or a roundhouse when you kick computers... and which of them is most effective? :D

Depends on how mad I am and how much work I've lost....the most common is a front snap kick......but I find that I have a real problem with follow-through and chambering the kick right when I'm in my rolling chair.

Plus, the corner of my computer hurts my foot when I use roundhouse....then I just get more pissed off....

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Funny question here...

Since this happened, has the site been better?

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bob - I'm glad you know what you're doing, because if it was up to me, I'd just start kicking computers until they started working...

..I myself prefer a palm heel strike over a kick...

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
More responsive, less time outs, faster page loads. That sort of thing.

Reason I ask is, since I blocked Yahoo, I haven't had a page time out here on me.

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
More responsive, less time outs, faster page loads. That sort of thing.

Reason I ask is, since I blocked Yahoo, I haven't had a page time out here on me.

Now that you mention it, it is better. Funny what we don't notice when things are going well. :)

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I just had two do it....then I hit reload and it worked. A little sluggish. But I figured that's just because I'm in Korea and the internet sucks here.

zanshin87

White Belt
Reaction score
hi guys
i know this is not the right place to post this
but i'vent access to any board though im logged in ! everything is set to private ! :(
and u know what ! i can read the forum when im not logged in :-s

any comments ?

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
hi guys
i know this is not the right place to post this
but i'vent access to any board though im logged in ! everything is set to private ! :(
and u know what ! i can read the forum when im not logged in :-s

any comments ?

Your account is currently under review - you have not completely filled in all of the required information (last name). Please contact MT Administration by sending a PM (private mail) message to MT Admin Team for more information. Your Private Mail box is found in the upper right, under the Welcome, zanshin87 message.

zanshin87

White Belt
Reaction score
thx ! i see :D i've forgot that.
i couldnt use the PM option but i wrote my last name at the profile
hope it works:D

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
thx ! i see :D i've forgot that.
i couldnt use the PM option but i wrote my last name at the profile
hope it works:D

My mistake - please use the "Contact Us" button at the bottom of the page to notify the site adminstration that you have provided the required information.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Guys, is there any reason that the site would be sluggish again for the past few days? I can load any site I hit pretty quickly except this one over something like the last week. Pages take forever and quite often will not load at all. At first I figured it was a problem with my DSL but checked another forum that I frequent that uses pretty much the same set up as this one and all was well. Is there anything I can do on my end to speed things up?

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
All pages but some are a little faster than others. When I click the "forums" link on the main page and when I try to post a reply seem to take the longest. When I hit the post reply button on my last post I had time to take Tucker outside and hook him up on his runner, come back in the house and grab a cup of coffee before it finished posting my reply. The rest of the pages are taking almost a full two minutes to load...sometimes less but generally between 60 and 90 seconds.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The main forum page is a bit code heavy. The rest of the forum pages shouldn't take too long, and the non-forum pages should be fast. I noticed some lag myself and am checking into network issues right now.

Unfortunately, we're going to have some sluggish periods until I can figure out where to pull an extra couple hundred a month to cover an upgrade. :(

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No problem, Bob. I just got back in from taking my daughter out to dinner for her birthday, logged on and everything is humming along. I'm usually getting on right after work (around 1300 hrs) so maybe that has a little to do with it. I'm a patient fellow and will deal with whatever comes along.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Is there a similar problem now? Because the site's been slow since last night, although it seems to be somewhat better this morning - not great, but not as bad as last night.

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've noticed the same thing... slow and somewhat erratic behavior...