Show your fist. Represent your system or fighting style.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Just something fun and interesting. Show the fist (fists) structures that you actually use in your martial arts system or your style of fighting. Pictures will be used in a short article I'm working on for my website. I will post a picture of the type of fists that I use. I use one fist that I learned from Jow Ga Kung Fu and another fist that I use for my own fighting style. I have no idea of where I picked it up, maybe it's a fist I learned during my karate years. Maybe I learned it from a student in high school many years ago, who had a talent for making people's arms go numb.

It doesn't matter if people use the same fist or similar fists. What's important is what is being used in sparring, drilling, or in actual self-defense situations. I don't care if it's not a proper fist. If you made one and punched someone in the mouth or body, then I want to see what it looks like. Wrapped fist are also welcomed because I know some of you use gloves that require wrists to be wrapped.

By the way. I only need the picture of the fist.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Used in Chinese wrestling.

Chang_zombie_guard_2.jpg

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
15266326049191253814005.jpg

Attachments

• 1526632400874899052197.jpg
    1526632400874899052197.jpg
    319.2 KB · Views: 246
OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Here are my 3 fists.

The first one is Jow Ga

The second one is a Jow Ga Variation of my own

The 3rd is one that I picked up a very long time again and I don't remember where or when. I just know it's been with me for a very long time

I can use these fists equally as well in sparring.
3fists-jpg.21452

Attachments

• 3fists.jpg
    3fists.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 578

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Here are my 3 fists.

The first one is Jow Ga

The 3rd is one that I picked up a very long time again and I don't remember where or when. I just know it's been with me for a very long time

3fists-jpg.21452
First two look like potential broken thumbs, last one looks like a potential dislocated middle finger.

Assuming you are hitting hard with them.

OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
First two look like potential broken thumbs, last one looks like a potential dislocated middle finger.
It just looks like something might break but they are all good fist structures. I tried to make them as best as I could while taking pictures with the older hand. The first is the only one that I know of that can be used to hit the skull if someone desired to do such thing (hand conditioning needed). In Jow Ga we actually have a technique that uses the first fist to strike the skull.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
If you land right, sure. I'm thinking with your thumb sticking out the bottom like that a grazing shot to the skull looks like a doctor visit.

Or at least a dent in any plans that involve hitch hiking

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I also have one wearing a little hat.

IMG_20180518_203758.jpg

This is drunken fist.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Here are my 3 fists.

The first one is Jow Ga

3fists-jpg.21452
The third one is the first fist taught to me by Jimmy Woo when I was a kid starting out in Kung Fu San Soo about 45 years ago. I never had a problem with injuring my middle finger.

OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
If you land right, sure. I'm thinking with your thumb sticking out the bottom like that a grazing shot to the skull looks like a doctor visit.

Or at least a dent in any plans that involve hitch hiking
Nope. it's solid all the way through so long as the structure is good.

OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The third one is the first fist taught to me by Jimmy Woo when I was a kid starting out in Kung Fu San Soo about 45 years ago. I never had a problem with injuring my middle finger.
I've never had any problems with it either. How did you use the fist? Did you ever use it to attack the opponent's hands?

OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Never used it to attack hands. Primary targets were/are the temple and throat.
I used mine to attack the hands and arms. If you can parry a punch then you can use the knuckle to replace the parry. When it lands your opponent will temporary lose the ability to make a fist. Give it a try on someone who will forgive you lol.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This is from my POV. You ain't going to like your POV.

Fist.JPG

Latest Discussions