Show your fist. Represent your system or fighting style.

watching

Green Belt
Reaction score
Just something fun and interesting. Show the fist (fists) structures that you actually use in your martial arts system or your style of fighting. Pictures will be used in a short article I'm working on for my website. I will post a picture of the type of fists that I use. I use one fist that I learned from Jow Ga Kung Fu and another fist that I use for my own fighting style. I have no idea of where I picked it up, maybe it's a fist I learned during my karate years. Maybe I learned it from a student in high school many years ago, who had a talent for making people's arms go numb.

It doesn't matter if people use the same fist or similar fists. What's important is what is being used in sparring, drilling, or in actual self-defense situations. I don't care if it's not a proper fist. If you made one and punched someone in the mouth or body, then I want to see what it looks like. Wrapped fist are also welcomed because I know some of you use gloves that require wrists to be wrapped.

By the way. I only need the picture of the fist.
how the heck do you upload photos? I'm on my phone.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm not trying to be species-ist, but are you part gorrilla by some chance?

Not really, just one of those pics that lie. Looks like this most times. :)

FistCrop.jpeg

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
The fact that 1984 isn't old-school enough for you does prove your point. I thought only vampires lived forever?

You didn't see the movie where Wolf Man and Vampira got married?

Whatever you do, don't let Buka get you in a rear choke hold that exposes a Carotid artery or a Jugular vein!! :eek:

:) :)

OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Mine and the Hobbit’s:

View attachment 21463
That's a big fist. I've always wondered which would be worse, clubbed to death by a large fist or stabbed to death by a smaller fist. A smaller fist would strike a smaller area but a larger fist can do that in addition to covering more area.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a big fist. I've always wondered which would be worse, clubbed to death by a large fist or stabbed to death by a smaller fist. A smaller fist would strike a smaller area but a larger fist can do that in addition to covering more area.
My fist isn't very big. It just looks that way next to the Hobbit's. She has tiny hands.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
The logo of the Korean Hapkido Association shows an open fist with the thumb up and the forefinger extended, which can be seen at File:Korea Hapkido Federation logo.png - Wikipedia. It is a well recognized hand of Hapkido, and is actually the way we normally hold the short stick when we use it. We would not of course expect this to be a fist, but it could also be used against a pressure point, although we normally strike pressure points or use the finger and thumb to apply pressure. Not my fist, but my fist sometimes. Other than that, in the Hapkido I studied, we did not teach a one-over-all fist to use on those occasions when we delivered a strike. I always defaulted back to my TKD training unless the strike required something different for some reason.

Latest Discussions