Shaolin Kenpo Castro's not Villari

Lightning Ram

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Shima, I see you that I need a password to get to your forms videos, are you not allowing anyone to access it anymore?

Thanks,

Clay

InstWill

White Belt
Reaction score
Muahahahaaah I am invading Your post Shima! And I just want to say I watched your version of galloping horse and I love it! Have you learned twisting horse yet? I have that posted on my page if your interested.

William

shima

K3NPO
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still need to learn this, I moved away from South SF to Austin, TX at the beginning of 2016. I started teaching to just a few folks last year, but need to learn twisting horse on one of my trips back to SSF. Haven't been back as much as I wanted since we had our 2 kids the past 2-ish years :) (son in June 2016, daughter in January 2018).

shima

K3NPO
Reaction score
Muahahahaaah I am invading Your post Shima! And I just want to say I watched your version of galloping horse and I love it! Have you learned twisting horse yet? I have that posted on my page if your interested.

William

I've started learning twisting horse as of earlier this year. I've been flying back to SSF to train with Master Professor a few times this year and every time he teaches me a few more bits of it in between all our practice. I'm about halfway through the kata now.

shima

K3NPO
Reaction score
Grandmaster Castro is more didecated to the art of kenpo
I guess you missed the memo "Ralph Castro passed away in the early morning of Monday, February 25, 2019."

He will be missed.

Also Will - I do know all of Twisting Horse now and have been practicing it regularly on my journey towards 2nd degree black belt.

shima

K3NPO
Reaction score
Haha last post was about a year ago in this thread :) I opened my own storefront dojo in January of 2021 (was subletting elsewhere since 2017 to teach). Up to a little over 40 students so far. For my own personal kata learnings we've started on the "two" series, High River Two already learned, next up will be River Dam Two, Swift Rapids Two and High Mountain Two :)
Tested for my 2nd degree this past June.