Status
Not open for further replies.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Admin note

This thread is very close to being locked and ICs handed out. Stop with the personal back and forth crap. If there is some sort of discussion to be had here, please return to it. Otherwise this thread will be closed.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you are under the impression that this is unique and a once in a lifetime occurence, you obviously don't know the rules yet. It happens all the time... really, it does!

If it's so mundane why are you posting it up? Did you just like the headline 'How I nearly killed my brother'?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You've just decribed me to a tee... except I'm only half black - my bottom half. LOL

Forces sense of humour is an acquired taste I'm afraid. It is very black, has to be. However combined with the British bit I am very sadly misunderstood here and people think I'm raging or angry.

I am curious though, did your brother get you back for that? Which one of you is the eldest?

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Admin note

This thread is very close to being locked and ICs handed out. Stop with the personal back and forth crap. If there is some sort of discussion to be had here, please return to it. Otherwise this thread will be closed.
In case MJS's message was unclear -- Martial Talk is a friendly forum. If you can't play nice, there are some other places you may prefer to play.

If you really can't play nice, you may well find yourself unwelcome here.

In other words --

ATTENTION ALL USERS:

Please keep the conversation polite and respectful.

jks9199
Super Moderator

Blade96

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ooh! MT is doing nicknames? Awesome. I call "Golden Retriever of Chaos." %-}

:p

Actually I'm not in the least prickly, non Brits just don't understand my sense of humour I'm afraid.
Nothing I've said on this thread is prickly nor am I 'sensitive'. I have a squaddie sense of humour, it's, cynical, sarcastic and very black.

Forces sense of humour is an acquired taste I'm afraid. It is very black, has to be. However combined with the British bit I am very sadly misunderstood here and people think I'm raging or angry.

True enough. Although when i do get it, I love your sense of humor. :)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He kicks my butt on a regular basis. I'm 7 years his elder.

Can I ask why you just teach children? I teach children as well as adults and enjoy it a lot but many people feel that children should be almost young adults before they start martial arts and many instructors don't like and won't teach children.

OP
Champ-Pain

Champ-Pain

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Can I ask why you just teach children? I teach children as well as adults and enjoy it a lot but many people feel that children should be almost young adults before they start martial arts and many instructors don't like and won't teach children.
I only like to teach kids and teens. I enjoy watching them progress from timid, shy and often scared youngsters, into secure, proud, and disciplined young adults... Oh, and many of them grow up to be Champions as well. They are all Champions in my eyes.

I take them in as young as 4 and have good numbers in all my classes, up to 14 or 15. I don't really enjoy teaching adults, but I do love to roll with them on a regular basis. So my adult class is often 30 minutes of excercise, warm up and cardio - and 30 minutes of Ne Waza. More like BJJ than actual Judo... lots of armbars, chokes, strangulations, leglocks and so on, not so much throwing techniques.

Blade96

Senior Master
Reaction score

Heh true enough. My own sensei said he couldn't teach children because he'd wind up in prison. :p

OP
Champ-Pain

Champ-Pain

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Heh true enough. My own sensei said he couldn't teach children because he'd wind up in prison. :p
With children, all you need is a little extra patience - That's something I have lots of, for the youngsters, not so much for the adults.

Blade96

Senior Master
Reaction score
With children, all you need is a little extra patience - That's something I have lots of, for the youngsters, not so much for the adults.

Thats awesome. some like adults, and some children.

I like adults and older children but dislike infants and small toddlers.

Whatever floats your boat I say. :)

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Admin note:

Thread locked since it's become a victim of hopeless, meaningless thread drift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions