Sensei almost dies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ-Pain

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hello to all members - In a recent instructional video my brother and I were working on, something goes terribly wrong. In fact, I almost choke my younger brother to death.

To view this EXCLUSIVE video - go to - youtube and look up "Sensei Almost Dies!" - Check it out

I'm computer illiterate, so I couldn't find a way to put the link on this forum. If any Mod or Member can do it for me, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks in Advance.

Please comment after viewing the vid - I'd like to know your opinions, views and thoughts on it. I hope you enjoy...

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
[yt]Bd9Ny2EDHrI[/yt]

THat's why I oscillate chokes when demonstrating-tight for one person isn't tight at all for another, and vice-versa....don't want them going nappy-bye unless I want them going nappy-bye!.....:lol:

(nice vid, thanks!)

jthomas1600

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Was the camera on a tripod and you were alone? Maybe not a good idea. If there was a camera man there I'm surprised he did not catch it when your brothers hand dropped. Anyway, I take it he is OK now and I'm glad for that. On the bright side....you certainly demonstrated the effectiveness of that choke.

Kemposhot

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Wow, at least you know it works. Maybe have another person there in the future though for these instances where an extra set of eyes can make a big difference.

LuckyKBoxer

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I am fairly sure this is a fraud trying to push views so that he can attempt to become a partner with Youtube and get paid. Personally I would advice not viewing this irresponsible video, and just accepting it was a really bad example and moving on. I seriously doubt that the person posting here is the person in the video as well.. possibly sure, but I seriously doubt it.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am fairly sure this is a fraud trying to push views so that he can attempt to become a partner with Youtube and get paid. Personally I would advice not viewing this irresponsible video, and just accepting it was a really bad example and moving on. I seriously doubt that the person posting here is the person in the video as well.. possibly sure, but I seriously doubt it.

For someone who is 'computer illiterate' the OP has a lot of stuff online. He has also posted up on another thread a You Tube video of a boy in a BJJ competition.

OP
Champ-Pain

Champ-Pain

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Was the camera on a tripod and you were alone? Maybe not a good idea. If there was a camera man there I'm surprised he did not catch it when your brothers hand dropped. Anyway, I take it he is OK now and I'm glad for that. On the bright side....you certainly demonstrated the effectiveness of that choke.
There was a camara man, but he was so focused on what I was saying, he never saw it coming.

Thank God almighty that my bro is fine and didn't suffer any lasting consequences as a result.

OP
Champ-Pain

Champ-Pain

Blue Belt
Reaction score
No fraud - No payment from youtube - I don't own the video, rather the camara man holds all the rights to it, and in fact, he was the one who posted it on youtube. I am the person speaking and demonstrating the choke - my younger brother is the one falling into a deep asleep. I have a few hundred instructional videos on youtube, e-HOW, Expert Village and other websites as well... go to Google and type in "Judo Angel Perez" - "Sensei Angel Perez" - "Champion Angel Perez" - You'll find them all there. You can also go to my website - "judochampion.com" and see my picture in the home page and everywhere else, for that matter.

Your opinions seem to be a bit negative, ignorant, knuckle-headed and completely WRONG! - it's also somewhat insulting to me.

You must be a troll - NO doubt - Please note my avatar - I just changed it to a picture of myself with my club banner in the back-ground. Happy now?

Last edited:
OP
Champ-Pain

Champ-Pain

Blue Belt
Reaction score
For someone who is 'computer illiterate' the OP has a lot of stuff online. He has also posted up on another thread a You Tube video of a boy in a BJJ competition.
I don't have a clue on how to post a vid on youtube - in fact it's my assistant and the parents, who post all the vids. on youtube, while the instructional vids are posted by the websites that filmed it... This particular vid was posted by the camara man, without my consent - but he owns the rights to it, since he shot it - and there was very little or nothing I could have done, once it went public.

What's up with all the negativity and doubting by the members on this forum? Sorry to say - I Just don't get it.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't have a clue on how to post a vid on youtube - in fact it's my assistant and the parents, who post all the vids. on youtube, while the instructional vids are posted by the websites that filmed it... This particular vid was posted by the camara man, without my consent - but he owns the rights to it, since he shot it - and there was very little or nothing I could have done, once it went public.

What's up with all the negativity and doubting by the members on this forum? Sorry to say - I Just don't get it.

Please don't shout and please don't make personal attacks, we are entitled to our opinions and we are entitled to point out something we don't think gels.

LuckyKBoxer is not a troll.

One of the reasons we are a bit iffy is the wording you used in your OP. I would be very upset if I nearly choked someone accidently to death, I'd be even more upset if it were my brother, I wouldn't be drawing attention to a video of it even if the video was posted against my wishes or at the very least I would be complaining heavily about it not shouting on a martial arts site this....

"To view this EXCLUSIVE video - go to - youtube and look up "Sensei Almost Dies!" - Check it out"

That's unsettling and a bit odd. You also say you can't put a link to the video on the thread but have another video you have linked on another thread, in fact it's a better link that I can do, you have the video I only know how to put the web address up.

Blade96

Senior Master
Reaction score
me thinks some people are envious....how many people would love to be able to choke their siblings aka sibling rivalry.... lol kidding :p

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
1) It's Angel and Jimmy Perez-they do pretty well as kids coaches for themselves down there in Florida....many championships in a relatively short amount of time.

2) their insructional videos are okay. Not great, but not bad.

3) Angel likes to brag, or self-promote, or something, an,d hs web-presence, as a person, isn't the greatest. He comes across as a braggart to some,(take a look over on Judoforum.com) , but if you say it, and it's true, it's not necessarily bragging-it's all in how you say it, though.

Blade96

Senior Master
Reaction score
1) It's Angel and Jimmy Perez-they do pretty well as kids coaches for themselves down there in Florida....many championships in a relatively short amount of time.

2) their insructional videos are okay. Not great, but not bad.

3) Angel likes to brag, or self-promote, or something, an,d hs web-presence, as a person, isn't the greatest. He comes across as a braggart to some,(take a look over on Judoforum.com) , but if you say it, and it's true, it's not necessarily bragging-it's all in how you say it, though.

yeah well, he flubs up sometimes over the net, and sometimes bees loud and proud too often sometimes, but if you can overlook that, just let him know don't do it too often, he's actually pretty cool and funny too. he hangs out on martialartsplanet (as do I) so actually get to know him. and he's not a troll.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
me thinks some people are envious....how many people would love to be able to choke their siblings aka sibling rivalry.... lol kidding :p

I'm glad your kidding, bit tasteless otherwise.

I'm not saying his OP isn't true, ( though he said he couldn't post links but has done on another thread) just that his post was tasteless, I can understand him posting the video if he was saying this is a lesson learned, it wasn't a good thing etc etc but it's definitely sensationalistic and in bad taste in that it sounds like he's selling the video. He has no need to get bolshie either.

OP
Champ-Pain

Champ-Pain

Blue Belt
Reaction score
1) Please don't shout and please don't make personal attacks.

2) I would be very upset if I nearly choked someone accidently to death, I'd be even more upset if it were my brother.

3) "To view this EXCLUSIVE video - go to - youtube and look up "Sensei Almost Dies!" - Check it out" That's unsettling and a bit odd.

4) You also say you can't put a link to the video on the thread but have another video you have linked on another thread, in fact it's a better link that I can do.

1) I believe all Capital letters is shouting - I haven't done so. Personal attacks? I've been the recipient of those personal attacks, not the attacker.

2) In my sports - JUDO, BJJ, Submission Grappling - it happens all the time - it's NO BIG deal, really... NO need to be upset.

3) It may be for you, but not so much for those who know the way the game is played.

4) What I posted was actually the name of the user, not a link.

Thanks for all your negative and misleading comments. I sincerely hope that I've cleared it all up for you.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1) I believe all Capital letters is shouting - I haven't done so. Personal attacks? I've been the recipient of those personal attacks, not the attacker.

2) In my sports - JUDO, BJJ, Submission Grappling - it happens all the time - it's NO BIG deal, really... NO need to be upset.

3) It may be for you, but not so much for those who know the way the game is played.

4) What I posted was actually the name of the user, not a link.

Thanks for all your negative and misleading comments. I sincerely hope that I've cleared it all up for you.

Look dearie, don't get your knickers in a twist, I'm sure we are all delighted to watch you choke your brother out, as you seem to be. Now you can trust me here, no one has made a personal attack on you, believe me, LuckyKBoxer hasn't, he was positively polite to you. If you don't like us asking questions, answer politely, don't get bombastic, it just makes us laugh.

By the way, one of my styles is MMA that includes Judo and BJJ so don't tell me how to suck eggs dear boy. I said it would upset me to accidently choke someone out so I don't get that sloppy, never upsets me to deliberately choke someone out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions