Saudi Arabia - Time to Evolve?

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
you guys are delusional if you think that the people with pull (usually still men) don't admire, deep down in the most private thoughts how them thar Ay-rabs managed to keep them dames in their place.
That is the single most bigoted statement I've seen on here in a while. But, bigotry against men is OK...

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
That is the single most bigoted statement I've seen on here in a while. But, bigotry against men is OK...

Nah, it's pretty true.
However, if you feel offended, maybe there is a reason.
Hatret against women is pretty rampant. Naturally not everybody has it. Not everybody does disagree with women becoming powerful.

But just examine general atributes given to men vs women when their actions are the same.

men yell, women screech
men are assertive, women bitchy.

The west has made a conscious effort to change public policy. but a lot of guys still like their women as submissive pets rather than partners.

Our cultural background is somewhat different from the Saudi one, but deep down a lot of guys have that admiration for that Sheik with a big harem...the structure of Saudi society and the ripple effects it has on the Islamic world just gives men an excuse to not control their impulses and behave badly.

However, our social structure - I am speaking of Euro/American, judeo-christian influenced, has been based on patriachial structures since antiquity. As cultured as the Greek were, they too regarded their women as chattel...the Romans brought it north, and with the spread of Christianity the Germanic/Celtic societies got corrupted and the female relegated to people second class where as they had been equal partners before.

(on the same token 'foreign aid' has done a lot of this in 3rd world countries, by disregarding how the society worked: Giving aid and confiscating the best fields for the men to play with tractors when really the women were doing the farming, now pushed to the poor fields with the traditional hoe to work it. )

Most men don't do it consciously, but sheesh, just look at the hip-hop culture...

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Until we make a full stop effort to stop using gasoline, we are going to be beholden to them.

i will be soooo happy when the bunny huggers finally learn that THERE IS NO ALTERNATIVE TO OIL

the tech either doesnt exist (Mr Fusion) OR is cost prohibitive (electric)

there is no alternative and we HAVE to have power NOW

solar cant power a car can do what america wants a car to do, niether can wind, or anything else

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I agree with Don, Most offensive post i have seen since i got here.

you guys are delusional if you think that the people with pull (usually still men) don't admire, deep down in the most private thoughts how them thar Ay-rabs managed to keep them dames in their place.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
i will be soooo happy when the bunny huggers finally learn that THERE IS NO ALTERNATIVE TO OIL

the tech either doesnt exist (Mr Fusion) OR is cost prohibitive (electric)

there is no alternative and we HAVE to have power NOW

solar cant power a car can do what america wants a car to do, niether can wind, or anything else
How is nuclear power not going to get a car to do what we want it to do? just an option you forgot to mention.
Sean

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, if we put sails on cars, we could finally use wind power to replace fossil fuels for individual transport. Twin fist, I have to say that I believe if you look around you can find granfire being far more offensive than that. That kind of rude behavior is why I put granfire on my ignore list. Actually, granfire is the only one on my ignore list. Although there are at least two others on deck for the list.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
How is nuclear power not going to get a car to do what we want it to do? just an option you forgot to mention.
Sean

the bunny huggers will not allow nuclear plants to be built. And now with the japanese situation, there will most likely never be a new nuclear plant opened in america thanks to the veggie eating tree humpers

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I agree with Don, Most offensive post i have seen since i got here.

I suppose it's the point of view. after all, there are some folks on the forum who love the idea that hell will freeze over before the US will elect a female president.

Same thing. I suppose you di not find that offensive.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, if we put sails on cars, we could finally use wind power to replace fossil fuels for individual transport. Twin fist, I have to say that I believe if you look around you can find granfire being far more offensive than that. That kind of rude behavior is why I put granfire on my ignore list. Actually, granfire is the only one on my ignore list. Although there are at least two others on deck for the list.
I am waiting in line here. I hate lines! Come on! What's the hold up?:)
Sean

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I suppose it's the point of view. after all, there are some folks on the forum who love the idea that hell will freeze over before the US will elect a female president.

Same thing. I suppose you di not find that offensive.

if i saw someone say "hell will freeze over before we elect a female president" i dont remember it.

and here is the thing, that isnt, in any way shape or form, as offensive as what you posted.

you accused un-named posters here of admiring the way the Islamics treat women.

thats obscene

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Folks, rein in the crapfest. Personal attacks ain't cool, sexist or bigoted statements aren't cool, and none of it is on topic.

In other words:

ATTENTIONAL ALL USERS:

Please return to the original topic. Please keep the conversation polite and respectful.

jks9199
Super Moderator

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
if i saw someone say "hell will freeze over before we elect a female president" i dont remember it.

and here is the thing, that isnt, in any way shape or form, as offensive as what you posted.

thats obscene
If you pay attention, Islamic men view women a their responsibility, and if a woman from their family runs off to be a stripper or a prostitute, it reflects badly on the man, and shows society he was unable to keep a household. Through out the ages this has been the honorable thing to do. Its all about protecting females from the world. Family is everything to them, in America, not so much.
Sean

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

thats obscene

Life and people are obscene.
And yes. I said hell will freeze over before the US elects a female president. And the poster who agreed can out himself. Or you can find the statement. I am surprised you missed it.

But obviously you don't care to read in depth. Or follow more than the usual line of arguments. Naturally it is conviniently forgotten that women didn't have a much lighter stand in the western world until the 1960s. Or what the 'rule of thumb' really stands for.

And for clarity, since you did not make the connection: I did not accuse an unnamed poster of condoning the treatment of Islamic women. I pointed out his sexist stand.

And that is at the core of the problem. Disregard for the rights of about 50% of the world population vs the convinience of getting someplace fast.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
If you pay attention, Islamic men view women a their responsibility, and if a woman from their family runs off to be a stripper or a prostitute, it reflects badly on the man, and shows society he was unable to keep a household. Through out the ages this has been the honorable thing to do. Its all about protecting females from the world. Family is everything to them, in America, not so much.
Sean

all nice and dandy, but if the family loses the male protector she is up the creek without a paddle, relegated to beg at the street corner.

(and an FYI for the closet strong man leaving annonnymous rep: I don't hate men, I hate starched underwear posing as men)

Last edited:

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Saudi certainly does need to grow up, and we COULD tell them to sod off IF:
1: the bunny humpers would get over it and let us drill here, we dont need saudi oil if we could just drill for our own
2: we had the political will to leave israel to the wolves

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
all nice and dandy, but if the family loses the male protector she is up the creek without a paddle, relegated to beg at the street corner.

(and an FYI for the closet strong man leaving annonnymous rep: I don't hate men, I hate starched underwear posing as men)
I didn't do that. LOL

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
Saudi certainly does need to grow up, and we COULD tell them to sod off IF:
1: the bunny humpers would get over it and let us drill here, we dont need saudi oil if we could just drill for our own
2: we had the political will to leave israel to the wolves

Dude

1: We are drilling here, and have been for some time-we'd still need Saudi oil,Yemeni oi, Kuwaiti oil, Iraqi oil, Venezuelan oil, Nigerian oil, Canadian oil, and any other oil we can get our grubby, oil-stained hands on. Saudi Arabia has 25% of the world's oil-we have about a tenth of that, or 2.5%.

We use about 25% of the oil the world produces.

We have nothing here that can support that kind of usage at all-even ANWAR, which, if we started the drilling process tomorrow, would produce about 10.4 billion barrels of oil, or 0.4-1.2% of total world consumption

2:Amen. They've proven they can handle their business; we should just leave them to it.

RandomPhantom700

Master of Arts
Reaction score

That maybe true for some men in power, but the implication that this is why the West doesn't intervene is downright insulting. I don't have fantasies about putting women in their place, I don't believe that even the most traditionally-oriented poster on this board harbors such notions, and I'd appreciate it if you'd find some kind of proof (a study, an interoffice memo, something) that hidden misogeny is the cause before making such presumptive, blanket statements.

In short, I cry foul.

RandomPhantom700

Master of Arts
Reaction score

They're always anonymous. The only rep dings I've seen that aren't anonymous are the ones I've authored (which is probably why I receive so many in return, but hey, if you're not pissing someone off, you're not being honest.).

Latest Discussions