Ronda Rousey says she never lifts weights

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
You be the judge

mma23n-6-web.jpg

Not quite sure why people says she looks like a man. No bulge in the front, no mustache or beard. Even her bone structure doesn't look like a man. She doesn't look like any of the men on MensHealth magazine and definitely doesn't look like any man that I know.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Johhnyenglish detests MMA for his own reasons, I can't imagine what he thinks about women fighting MMA.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A bit make up does not change her masculin looking face and thigs.

Oh for crying out loud! People here will tell you I'm not Rousey's biggest fan but really? of course she's female!!
I would suggest that what you are saying is that you don't believe women can fight therefore 'she' must be a he, well whatever your ego is telling you, women can and do fight, there's no reason why they can't. so, get over it, there's women out there who can whip your butt as my transatlantic cousins say. :D

JohnnyEnglish

Green Belt
Reaction score
Oh for crying out loud! People here will tell you I'm not Rousey's biggest fan but really? of course she's female!!
I would suggest that what you are saying is that you don't believe women can fight therefore 'she' must be a he, well whatever your ego is telling you, women can and do fight, there's no reason why they can't. so, get over it, there's women out there who can whip your butt as my transatlantic cousins say. :D

Again, claiming things about me that isn't true. This shows me that you are not objective at all.

The guy who thinks a fighting women looks masculin MUST say it because he does not accept fighting women. Is this how you think ? You said this, so it came out of your mind. Not mine.

I just think she looks masculine. I know plenty of women who are martial artists and do not look masculin at all.

So, back up pal.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again, claiming things about me that isn't true. This shows me that you are not objective at all.

The guy who thinks a fighting women looks masculin MUST say it because he does not accept fighting women. Is this how you think ? You said this, so it came out of your mind. Not mine.

I just think she looks masculine. I know plenty of women who are martial artists and do not look masculin at all.

So, back up pal.

I am not your pal for a start and I claimed nothing at all, I suggested and I'm betting it hit a nerve because the way you post suggest I'm correct about you.
One of the things you cannot say about Rousey is that she looks masculine, I don't know why you think she does and why you think you have to comment on her looks. There's lots of things you can say about her fighting abilities, her character, her demeanour etc ( and I have lol) all valid discussion points but to comment about her wearing makeup and that her 'thighs look masculine' really, that's just chauvinism.

JohnnyEnglish

Green Belt
Reaction score
I am not your pal for a start and I claimed nothing at all, I suggested and I'm betting it hit a nerve because the way you post suggest I'm correct about you.
One of the things you cannot say about Rousey is that she looks masculine, I don't know why you think she does and why you think you have to comment on her looks. There's lots of things you can say about her fighting abilities, her character, her demeanour etc ( and I have lol) all valid discussion points but to comment about her wearing makeup and that her 'thighs look masculine' really, that's just chauvinism.

I see, so because I prefer an other type of women and I personally feel she looks too masculine, you call me a type of guy who just hates women who are fighting ? Come on, but this has no connection at all, you are just trolling at me because you have too much spare time.

But you know what ? You probably win, the reason is, because a moderator which name I don't want to say, is also butthurt because of my opinions and his lack of education, so he is going to ban me very soon. Congratulations, winning discussions with mommy and daddy watching you.

Grow up, and change this terrible cat avatar.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see, so because I prefer an other type of women and I personally feel she looks too masculine, you call me a type of guy who just hates women who are fighting ? Come on, but this has no connection at all, you are just trolling at me because you have too much spare time.

But you know what ? You probably win, the reason is, because a moderator which name I don't want to say, is also butthurt because of my opinions and his lack of education, so he is going to ban me very soon. Congratulations, winning discussions with mommy and daddy watching you.

Grow up, and change this terrible cat avatar.

Dear boy, you have been trolling us. You hate so you say MMA so why would you think a female fighting MMA is fine? You called people who do MMA all sorts of things and now you are calling a female MMA fighter masculine and her make not hiding her masculine feature so if that's not trolling.............?

ah if only did have too much time :D

JohnnyEnglish

Green Belt
Reaction score
Dear boy, you have been trolling us. You hate so you say MMA so why would you think a female fighting MMA is fine? You called people who do MMA all sorts of things and now you are calling a female MMA fighter masculine and her make not hiding her masculine feature so if that's not trolling.............?

ah if only did have too much time :D

Yeah, exactly. I am trolling because I say things the majority does not want to agree with.

Where did you grow up ? In communism ?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, exactly. I am trolling because I say things the majority does not want to agree with.

Where did you grow up ? In communism ?

The majority doesn't have to agree with you. In this case I'm not the majority, as I said other here will tell you I don't like Rousey but I won't see her criticised for something she is not, I like fairness.
1907444_10152658963671605_6923530260721565703_n.jpg

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
A bit make up does not change her masculin looking face and thigs.
Her face doesn't look masculine to me. She may not fit the old image of "what a woman should look like." but she definitely doesn't look masculine. The term masculine is often used to say that a woman looks like a man either in the body or face, or that she has muscles. Neither apply here for me. I know there are some people think that if a woman has muscles like that then she's masculine, but for me a having muscles isn't a male only ability.
Having a solid face isn't a male or female related ability either. I'm not saying you are like this, but I've had this similar discussion with my wife. Now her views on "what women should look like" are changing. She works out and some of her friends started saying she looks masculine just because she has muscles. I told her just because a woman has muscles doesn't mean she's masculine, because women develop muscles too.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
She looks perfectly feminine to me...
And I'm not just saying that because she can kick my ***. Probably in 34 seconds.

Sent from an old fashioned 300 baud acoustic modem by whistling into the handset. Not TapaTalk. Really.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Athletic looking women are becoming more and more popular as people realise it's a healthy look. As more and more women become well known from being in sport the 'muscled' look is becoming more common, it's a good look I think. Women will never, naturally, muscle up like men, even 'unnaturally' they tend not to muscle up as much as men.
Rousey isn't the most 'muscled' woman I've seen, the different sports demand different physiques but muscles aren't what can make a woman not look feminine, far from it.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Guys, it's pretty sad that the conversation has turned from whether she lifts weights to whether she looks feminine.

DavidThomas

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
She lifts people. And herself. Have you guys seen any of the drills and body weight exercises she does?

Doesn't make her any less crazy though. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What is Tapatalk? Dude?

Latest Discussions