Rishinjuku

White Belt
Reaction score
Rishinjuku karate is a full-contact karate style which allows all strikes. This includes: bare knuckle face punches, head butts, knees, elbows, kicks and attacks to the groin in its Tatsujin competition format.

It is trained in such a manner that men, women and children can train it safely but do get ready for real self defense.

The development of power comes from Muchimi and Chinkuchi. These two forgotten concepts of karate are taught from the beginning, making students progress very fast. Muchimi is the correct usage of muscles chains. Chinkuchi is the correct placement of the bones. They all come from a traditional form, the Naihanchi kata.

It was created by Shihan Yoshiharu Murai, a man who competed in all kinds of karate, muay thai, lethwei, .... competitions. He even had many challenge matches and street fights when he was younger. This gives him a unique perspective of what works in bare knuckle real situations. Now he teaches and is a mentor to youth and guides them to a better life than he had.

The first foreign branch was established in Belgium by Filip Swennen, who helps out with international communications. He created a a FREE PDF, about
- how he got into Rishinjuku karate after a life time of training in other martial arts.
- anecdotes of the harsh life lived by Shihan Murai
- introduction to "Muchimi" and the core concepts behind all the techniques.

You can get it here.
Rishinjuku karate - SF dojo

Be kind, be strong

OSU!

Filip Swennen

Yokozuna514

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Osu,

I train in Kyokushin and have always wondered what the readdition of face punches would be like. Your video was very interesting to see. Thank you for sharing.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcom to Martial Talk, Rishinjuku. :)

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome! Ah cool, first time I've heard of Rishinjuku karate. Very interesting, I'm curious how the day to day training is done actually. Hope you stick around. Osu :)

Latest Discussions