Ric Flair, Gone from WWE?

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Several sources are reporting that Ric Flair, frustrated by poor and nonexistant communications and a screwed up push has given notice and walked. WWE is reported to be franticly trying to woo him back, as their roster is seriously weakened by the 15 wellness policy suspensions currently rocking the company.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have always like Flair but it is time he retired or just started teaching people his trade.
The organization he works/worked (?) for is so screwed up lately and they really need to get back to wrestling and stay away from their stupid soap operas

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have always like Flair but it is time he retired or just started teaching people his trade.

That, plus the man is pretty darn close to hitting 60 years old. Although he's in great shape for a 60 year old, the fact remains that he's not 30 anymore.

I'm still amazed that the man is even walking these days, after he broke his back in that plane crash from a long time ago.

The organization he works/worked (?) for is so screwed up lately and they really need to get back to wrestling and stay away from their stupid soap operas

Yup. WWE / WWF has always been more of a pure show, and less about the 'rasslin, whereas WCW, prior to its demise, used to be more about the 'rasslin, and less about the glitter. When the WCW started trying to become more glittery, is when they lost their core of viewers (southern folks).

I can only hope that TNA doesn't fold...

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The rumor is Flair may go to TNA if he dose get the money and other things he wants

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I do wish he would just open up a training center
I am sure there are many out there that would love to train directly under him

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
Count me in on the "time to hang up the tights, Mr. Flair" boat.

Great showman, and decent 'rassler in his time, but that time has passed.

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
He did have his retirement / HOF induction on Saturday. Hearing him confess about his not-so-saintly days, and how his first wife was entirely correct when she left him, was a far cry from hearing his usual bombastic talk.

It's going to be hard to find anyone who can match his microphone skills.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The business will miss him and he will be missed by many who loved and/or hated him in the ring

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I hate to say it, but it was time, and at least he got to go out at the big-event rather than fade away. He'll be back somewhere down the road, but has said he'll never wrestle again.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I hate to say it, but it was time, and at least he got to go out at the big-event rather than fade away. He'll be back somewhere down the road, but has said he'll never wrestle again.

I look for him to become a general manager with one of the organizations, not sure which one.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Another era passed. Goodbye Nature Boy. :asian: It's time.

Guardian

Black Belt
Reaction score
That's what I would like to see him do is become a Manager and open a school for wrestlers. I really hated to see the WCW fold back then, it let the WWE become the soap it is today with only TNA to even come close to giving it any type of competition.

Ric would make a great manager and it would let him still be involved which gives the fans what they want and he stays active in wrestling which is what he probably still wants also.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Same Flair. Currently he's supposed to be doing a tour of Australia with Hogan, rumor has him hitting TNA but it's just a rumor.

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
Same Flair. Currently he's supposed to be doing a tour of Australia with Hogan, rumor has him hitting TNA but it's just a rumor.

...if he's following Hogan then...

I can't wait to see what happens in January when TNA goes head-to-head with RAW.

The MNW years produced some kick-butt 'rasslin and I've long held that Vince hurt himself by whiping out the competition. Once he did that there was nothing to push him past his comfort zone and the quality of WWE 'rasslin... I mean sports entertainment suffered.

Latest Discussions