re: ever think about doing ninja missions to test your skills?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Ninja__Pirate__Awesome_by_PixelBunny.jpg

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Last edited by a moderator:

shorinfighter

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Wow.

Uh, look, this is going to tread a fine line here.... as there's no fraudbusting allowed on this site... but you know what, some critical thinking can be a good thing.

Firstly, I might point out that I'm the only Ninjutsu practitioner so far to enter into this thread, so I'm going to take a moment to spell something out. Everything you've described is fantasy, and bluntly, a fairly unhealthy one at that. You have, at this point in time, exactly zero understanding/knowledge of anything to do with "ninjutsu and samurai philosophy", and the book you cite is a ludicrous thing to base any sort of belief on. It's written by Peter Hobart, under a Japanese sounding (but not really very accurate Japanese) pseudonym "Jotaro", with the only thing to try to give the book any credibility the blurb on Hobart stating that he holds black belts in five martial arts (none of which are ever mentioned), he's a Law Enforcement "expert" (with no back-up to that claim), he was taught by someone he only ever refers to as "the Master" (without a name), someone who created "Kishido" (a made up word) and taught him "Kochojutsu" (the art of the butterfly... claiming that there is an old Japanese teaching about the flapping of a butterflies wings causing a storm in a distant place... uh, no, that's a metaphor for Chaos Theory, and "Kochojutsu" doesn't exist). In other words, "Jotaro" has no credibility as an expert of anything, and the writings put out under that name demonstrate such.

As such, you may gather that the "five core skills" are purely the product of Hobarts imagination. There's a reason his books are listed as being contemporary with Haha Lung et al, another person whose only offerings in this area are the product of over-active imaginings, rather than anything, you know, real. There is actually a list of core skills taught in systems such as the Togakure Ryu, but it's nothing like the one that Hobart offers.

If you're genuinely interested, forget anything you've thought of or believed so far. Ignore the book you've read. It has as much relevance as reading a Batman comic. Okay. Why do you get so offended so easily. I know him wanting to go on missions was incredibly stupid, and that you know a whole lot about ninjutsu, but you seem very disrespectful for a master. And i dont even know if you really are a master. I am only going with what the website says. If someone has a stupid idea. Tell them gently dont tell them they know nothing. Look you have a lot of useful knowlege but keep your angry personal feelings to yourself

Oh, and don't even think about going on any "missions". That type of bad publicity isn't something the art needs.

(By the way, what the hell? "I have tested thought control a little bit"?!?! Seriously, dude?!?!)
okay honestly you are probably the most sensitive martial artist i have ever met. I know his decision was not the brightest one, and that you probably know a lot more than i do. But i do know something that you have no idea about. Keeping my cool, not getting offended by stuff that is not even directed towards me. You should just give positive advice and keep your sensitivity to yourself.

shorinfighter

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Now getting back on topic a little bit. Martial sparrer. You may think you want t do missions right now but if you actually do so, you will only end up breaking the law and regretting it. And a little tip for the future do not ask about that sort of thing on this website. People do not seem to like it when they see posts like this. But anyway if you still try good luck. But i wont promise you would succeed.

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
You should just give positive advice and keep your sensitivity to yourself.

Seconds earlier:

okay honestly you are probably the most sensitive martial artist i have ever met. I know his decision was not the brightest one, and that you probably know a lot more than i do. But i do know something that you have no idea about. Keeping my cool, not getting offended by stuff that is not even directed towards me.

To which i reply:

You should just give positive advice and keep your sensitivity to yourself. :)

shorinfighter

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
:) i tried not to make it sound like i was a hippocrite or disrespecting anyone. But i also dont take time to think about my posts. I type while my mind can still think. Master parker i appologise for my rudeness and my hippocracy. But i still dont take back my "advice" sorry again

shorinfighter

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
i try my best not to get angry at higher rank people (and i obviously fail miserably) but people say some hurtful things and truth or not i cannot help but get mad and end up saying hippocritical things. Then people reply rudely and the cycle starts over again.

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
:) i tried not to make it sound like i was a hippocrite or disrespecting anyone. But i also dont take time to think about my posts. I type while my mind can still think. Master parker i appologise for my rudeness and my hippocracy. But i still dont take back my "advice" sorry again
i try my best not to get angry at higher rank people (and i obviously fail miserably) but people say some hurtful things and truth or not i cannot help but get mad and end up saying hippocritical things. Then people reply rudely and the cycle starts over again.

The important thing is that you admit it.

With that aside, yeah, Chris can communicate strongly. But his information is good, and if it isnt ive yet to see him refuse information to the contrary. Is there not more to learn from criticism than from praise? If you dont know where you are wrong, and you only know where you are right, you can not and will not correct whats wrong.

And especially in text, theres no way to contradict someone without sounding aggressive or rude. Take your reply as a case in point :)

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hi Shorinfighter,

Honestly, that was me being positive. I gave a genuine appraisal in the Ninjutsu forum, from a Ninjutsu practitioner, on a question posted in a Ninjutsu context, based on my two decades in the Ninjutsu arts... and, considering exactly what the question was, I was damn gentle. I pointed out not only that it was a poor idea, but why, and gave reasons for the source idea not to be taken seriously (the book the OP had read), as well as offering advice to genuinely pursue an interest in the art. Almost every other poster (aside from JKS, who basically said "don't break the law, this is a very bad idea") treated it as a joke... I, at least, treated it seriously. Positive responces don't only mean letting people live delusions.

Now, do you think that perhaps you have some left-over feelings based on your own thread here?

shorinfighter

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Maybe. But i try to forget. I will start to listen to those like yourself who have practiced ninjutsu. And i will not argue with them. I think maybe i have lost my martial artist attitude since i stopped going to dojos. Perhaps i should join one, so i dont embarrass myself on these posts anymore. I remember respect and discipline was enforced at my previous dojo. But since i dont go to one i no longer have respect. I will fix that. Thank you for your helpfulness and sorry again for my disrespect.

Aiki Lee

Master of Arts
Reaction score
You know for fun at our yearly camp out trips we do "Ninja missions" as team building excercises. In the woods you get to practice some fun stealth stuff and sneak into cabins and stuff, but it's all mostly fun and games.

Latest Discussions