Pushing people onto subway tracks for fun or to kill

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Boy, you got a great forum here. One of the best layouts I've seen. Glad I found you!

Maybe not a trend or new fad, but I don't stand on the edge any longer when waiting for the train.

pushed on tracks in subway - YouTube

Stretching my neck to look down the tracks does not make the train come any faster.
I don't think its at all common, but no, I don't stand anywhere near the edge either

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
More common than I ever knew...thanks to YT. Maybe more that don't get shown.
You shouldnt be relying on youtube to assume something is/isnt popular/common. Quick google search showed that, based on math done by some statistics in 2014, the odds for each ride (i think just in NY subway) are 1 in 1.71 billion.

For context, at least one of my family members takes the train (long island to new york) once a month, probably more, from different trains, none of us have ever seen that happen. My dad takes the subway in to work every day from queens to NYC, been doing so for over a decade at his current job, asked him and he said he's never seen it happen.

Unless new york is widely out of the norm, i think your safe.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You shouldnt be relying on youtube to assume something is/isnt popular/common. Quick google search showed that, based on math done by some statistics in 2014, the odds for each ride (i think just in NY subway) are 1 in 1.71 billion.

For context, at least one of my family members takes the train (long island to new york) once a month, probably more, from different trains, none of us have ever seen that happen. My dad takes the subway in to work every day from queens to NYC, been doing so for over a decade at his current job, asked him and he said he's never seen it happen.

Unless new york is widely out of the norm, i think your safe.
With this, im not recommending that you should hang out by the edges. Even if there's not a high (or even meh) risk, there's no reason to actively stand over the edge, and stretch your neck over the track.

D

Deleted member 39746

The yellow line exists for a reason, if you are beyond it, you are in the danger zone for tracks and trains. But one of the videos i saw the person was literally pushed like 2 meters onto the track, not much of his fault nor was he beyond the line.

No one should be beyond the line unless its a emergency anyway, unless a train has stopped there.

Addendum: Neither party was beyond the line in the video i watched. One had one of their feet on the edge of it, the other was clear.

Latest Discussions