Purposely Destroying the Nerves in Shins?

whitedragon_48

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Ok, the body conditioning topic... When it comes to making your "weapons" tougher, there are pretty much 2 schools of thought, the ones that do and the ones that don't, very few in the middle. Yes, toughening your body may have some painful repercussions later in life. Yes, it can deform the body. But, OTOH, it gives you such an inmense advantage during a fight that I presonally decided that its worth it. Why? For me, because in my line of work, we fight a lot and we have no weapons; so I need every advantage I can get.

I'm pretty "old school" when it comes to my MA training. I started body conditioning in my teens. I know, I know, not a good idea but oh well, I didn't die. About the shins, well I'll tell you that a kick to the leg with a rock-solid shin its a fight-ender and a personal favorite. Also, I've ended many fights just by blocking. A well placed leg block with the knee, shin or elbow on someone's who's not contioned his "weapon" and he will not want to fight anymore. I've fractured my knuckles a few times and aside from a cracking sound when closing my right fist, its all fine. Some say youll lose some movement doing things like hitting concrete 100 times a day. Nonsense! I also shoot competitively and my hands work just fine. Will I pay for it later? We'll see. A lot of MA Masters did conditioning and lived long, full lives. Their hands and feet worked fine. Now, there is a catch to it.

To condition the body one must go slowly. If you get hurt, wait 'til the "weapon" heals. You wouldn't go shooting with a cracked barrel now, would you? That's pretty much it. Don't over do it and don't brutalize your body. It takes years of conditioning to get real results so, be patient. Pay close attention to pain. It should hurt but not too much. Too much pain means you are hurting yourself. Remember: "Pain its just weakness leaving the body." Keep it safe.

Latest Discussions