Speaking of which, I wonder what you think of the SafeWrap system that Ryron and Rener have developed for LEOs, COs, medical professionals etc who want to be able to restrain people without injuring them.
(The full system is proprietary and trademarked, but I think you can get a good sense of it from the video and they have some more videos showing it on their YouTube channel.)
Speaking of which, I wonder what you think of the SafeWrap system that Ryron and Rener have developed for LEOs, COs, medical professionals etc who want to be able to restrain people without injuring them.
(The full system is proprietary and trademarked, but I think you can get a good sense of it from the video and they have some more videos showing it on their YouTube channel.)
At my Airport.,See that guy? A good old boy out of Texas. (I have fond memories from Texas) Heās flying home from vacation with his wife. They get upstairs to the gates and she tells him she wants a divorce. Helluva time to drop that on a crazy husband.
He starts screaming at her. An upstairs airport cop approaches, the guy runs downstairs, swearing at the top of his lungs.Once you get downstairs you canāt go back up without going through TSA again.
Two downstairs cops approach him. He screams āyou want to arrest me? Go ahead!ā
He puts his hands behind his back in a cuff position and jumps in the air, landing on his chest and face. Blood shoots out of his nose. The two downstairs cops hold him down. He puts his hands under his chest, just like in that video you posted.
The rest of us come a running. Thereās eight of us on that night. Six of us are trying to cuff him, leaving two guys to deal with the rest of the airport.
I grab his leg, fold it at the knee, put that calf behind his other knee and crank it up and hold him by the toes. Itās not a submission, itās meant to restrict the use of his legs.
Five guys try to get his hands out from under his chest. For twenty five fricken minutes. Twenty five looooooog minutes. Until a half dozen Maui cops came. Then itās just a matter of weight. Lay enough weight on a nitwit and a nitwit gives up. Three of our guys got hurt.
If the SafeWrap had been taught none of the guys would have gotten hurt. It would have been over in three minutes.
When I first worked there I offered to train everyone for free, teach them how to work
together, I taught DT in the Boston Academy for nine years.
The airport wanted no part of it, worried about civil liability. I had also asked the guys, but they werenāt about to do any kind of training unless they got paid for it. (Cops are notoriously cheap.)
So, yeah, even though Iāve never been trained in SafeWrap, Iād swear by it. For the safety of the suspect and the responders. Iād bet my life on it.