Reaction score
Bump... for those who missed it over the holidays

OP
Kacey

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Master Arnold's promotion was yesterday - his demonstration was absolutely awesome. I will post some pictures after I have time to edit them; the photographer took some great shots, but they're huge (3-4 mg) and I don't have time to edit them right now.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Master Arnold's promotion was yesterday - his demonstration was absolutely awesome. I will post some pictures after I have time to edit them; the photographer took some great shots, but they're huge (3-4 mg) and I don't have time to edit them right now.

Thanks Kacey he is a well deserve person. I really enkoyed meeting and talking to him. He will be well recieve anytime by alot of people.

OP
Kacey

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yesterday, my instructor was promoted to VII Dan Master Instructor. While this was a promotion rather than a testing, there was a testing board present, as they had tested 2 gentlemen to VI Dan earlier in the day (but that's for another thread, I think). The board included GM Lang (center), GM Steiner (right of picture), and Master Griffin (left of picture). Sorry if the pictures are too big - let me know if they are and I'll resize them, now that they're uploaded.

Arnold_TKD7_0328mod-1.jpg

For his promotion demonstration, he discussed and demonstrated some of the evolution of Taekwon-Do. He began by coming out in an untrimmed uniform with short sleeves and pants - which is what I remember more from when I started as his student, in 1987.

Arnold_TKD7_0332mod.jpg

He then performed 3 different forms while one of his students performed an ITF tul next to him, to show the progression; the three were Heian and Dan-Gun, Ko-Dang (the original version) and Juche (which replaced Ko-Dang), and the original version of Tong-Il, compared to the current version. Performing with him, from left to right are Mr. Dan Kohler, myself, and Mr. Bryan Galke.

Arnold_TKD7_0330mod.jpg

Mr. Arnold then completed a 2-board break with the back palm (sorry, couldn't get a picture, as I was still bowed in - if someone sends me one, I'll add it).

Following his break, he changed into his normal dobok and returned to perform Tong-Il as it is done today.

Arnold_TKD7_0388mod.jpg

Following Tong-Il, he was promoted by GM Lang, and presented with GM Lang's VII Dan belt.

Arnold_TKD7_0405mod.jpg

After several other presentations, everyone present, including a fair number of former students as well as several other masters, assembled for a picture.

Arnold_TKD7_0545mod.jpg

He was also kind enough to pose with anyone who asked, including me.

Arnold_TKD7_0610mod.jpg

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's always fabulous, regardless of art, when those that deserve it recognition from their peers. It's also always fabulous to see fellow forumites in the photographic flesh :rei:.

Thanks for taking the trouble to bring to this to us Kacey :rei:.

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score
congratulations! that is quite an achievement!

Latest Discussions