Presidential Motorcade

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know the more I watched this, the more I realized something, even with all that firepower and such, the man is still exposed to a good sniper. I wonder if they thought about that. Weapon doesn't fire with the guy firing it.

Remote control, always a chance for a screw up that way also, but at least no individual to take out.

Still, even if no camera could have caught it, the camera could have caught the damage it did to a wall or car while it was going on, not the actual footage of the bullets leaving the barrel per say.
Regarding dignitary protection, especially that of the President of the United States... Have faith; while someone willing to die to achieve their goal could possibly succeed -- even then, it'd be a challenge.

Among other things (and this has been discussed openly elsewhere), about the only thing left from Cadillac on the President's limo is the logo on the front grill. The work that the guys and gals on the various protective details do is mind boggling; I know a guy who quit Diplomatic Security Service because he decided he wanted to actually see the house he was paying for more than a couple days every several months!

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
Alright here is for all of your remote controlled gun needs:

Last edited by a moderator:

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Alright here is for all of your remote controlled gun needs:

Somehow, I don't see that APC they've got, the 'Grizzly' or whatever, lasting too long under fire from a GAU-8 30 or Vulcan 25....

From inch-thick armor to chopped liver in a couple of seconds.... brrrrr.

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Somehow, I don't see that APC they've got, the 'Grizzly' or whatever, lasting too long under fire from a GAU-8 30 or Vulcan 25....

From inch-thick armor to chopped liver in a couple of seconds.... brrrrr.
Well during the inauguration ceremony they were talking about the new limo, saying a lot of features were "top-secret" and such, but they did mention that the side doors were 8 inch thick steel ... now I kinda cock my head at that because I used to work with one inch thick steel... even at one inch a plate the size of a car door, even including a hole for the window, and door latches, etc. is gonna be purty dang heavy. Mentally I multiplied that by 8... umm I don't think so. So perhaps it was a red herring on that.
You know the glass is more than an inch thick and armored and all that. The doors just so. The underside is undoubtedly armored along with the roof, hood, trunk and the interior. Seats are probably kevlar (or some other new top secret material) lined. Run flat tires and so forth.
IN the car Obama and whomever are safe. Once they get out however becomes a wholly different story.

Obama did break a hole in the ceiling against "the man" but I don't think all the glass has fallen to the floor.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Caver's last makes me think that there is an interesting thread to be had about the concept that having a black chap in the 'top seat' taking the starch out of the 'race card'. We'd have to watch it as it could easily get overheated but it is a discussion worth having.

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Caver's last makes me think that there is an interesting thread to be had about the concept that having a black chap in the 'top seat' taking the starch out of the 'race card'. We'd have to watch it as it could easily get overheated but it is a discussion worth having.
Agreed... it would need heavy moderation... and cooler heads to discuss it out... rationally, intelligently, sensibly... :idunno:
I'd promise to do MY part.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Maybe the political discussion should move to The Study, and this thread remain focused on the nice shiny rapid fire bang bangs and the tech behind the vehicles?

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Maybe the political discussion should move to The Study, and this thread remain focused on the nice shiny rapid fire bang bangs and the tech behind the vehicles?
I don't mind a split off this thread...it'll help maintain focus where it belongs... weaponry of the motorcade/presidential guard... err I mean the SS... ER I mean the Secret Service.

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Latest Discussions