Presidential Motorcade

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Ever wonder what those big black SUV's are following the presidential motorcade are for? Watch this! :uhyeah:
[yt]mqDelOuvJaA[/yt]

So I guess, attacking the president by motorcade isn't such a good idea.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I ... I ...

I think I'm in love ....

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
The M134 has been completely re-done and is a great firearm. And if Barry gets his way only him and his brownshirts will have anything like this.

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think that's what Governor Palin uses to take her kids to hockey practice.

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
That is pretty cool, would have been better watching it chewing the living crap out of an object though.
Yeah... I agree... but... but I don't think there's a camera fast enough to catch it all. :lol:

Shesulsa, if I win the lottery I'll be nice and buy you one okay?

either that or a bar of chocolate...

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Now imagine the M134 four times that size (maybe more) and you have the Vulcan autocannon, about 1.5 times the length of VW Beetle. Want to see what it can do, fired from a Raptor or a Spectre gunship? Feast your eyes...

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It never ceases to amaze me at how more and more proficient we become at killing one another.

God help us.

BUT... not what this thread is about eh?
The mini gun mounted in the SUV of one of the presidental motorcades is just a small part of what's in store for anyone crass enough to try and attack the President that way.
One wonders about the other vehicles and their capabilities... as well as their defenses. The possibilities bend the mind.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Aye, it is scary - especially when the 'man' wielding the weapon becomes more and more distanced from those he fights.

More than anything, I think that is the truly frightening thing because it makes killing a distant, unengaging, thing and that makes it far too easy a thing to get people to do. That in turn makes it far too easy for governments and religions to get people to do it for them rather than for any 'legitimate' self-protection reason.

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

I'm pretty sure it's a Vulcan. But you're right, it's the GAU-8 that's way bigger than the VW, as shown here.

Whoever said that the best anti-tank weapon is another tank had to have been born well before the GAU-8... :erg:

It never ceases to amaze me at how more and more proficient we become at killing one another.

God help us.

And you can bet that the next generation of these gatling-type cannons is going to be still scarier and more lethal. It's just hard to get one's mind around that level of violence.

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's a Vulcan. But you're right, it's the GAU-8 that's way bigger than the VW, as shown here.

Whoever said that the best anti-tank weapon is another tank had to have been born well before the GAU-8... :erg:

And you can bet that the next generation of these gatling-type cannons is going to be still scarier and more lethal. It's just hard to get one's mind around that level of violence.
Not for the guys inventing (and improving) those guns.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I remember one year when the President flew into CLE..I was watching the tunnel where the rapid transit enters the airport...I can never forget that day cause I drew down on a Secret Service agent that came out of the train yards dressed like a bum..We spent the rest of the watch together and when the motorcade passed by he said forget the limo and go for the black van as it had all sorts of goodies including a LARS rockets..

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Guardian

Black Belt
Reaction score
You know the more I watched this, the more I realized something, even with all that firepower and such, the man is still exposed to a good sniper. I wonder if they thought about that. Weapon doesn't fire with the guy firing it.

Remote control, always a chance for a screw up that way also, but at least no individual to take out.

Still, even if no camera could have caught it, the camera could have caught the damage it did to a wall or car while it was going on, not the actual footage of the bullets leaving the barrel per say.

Latest Discussions