Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Prayers for Nick and all.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I received word from an old friend of mine who had both good and bad news... Good news is that she is pregnant, bad news is that she has been diagnosed with breast cancer or Inflammatory Breast Cancer (IBC) to be exact.
She's undergoing treatment at this writing but could use all the prayers, hopes and good thoughts sent her way. She is married to a good guy and a mother of 5 beautiful young ladies, not including this current pregnancy at which the sex of the baby is still unknown right now.

Her name is Jenai and she is one of my very good friends.

:asian: thanks in advance...

OP
shesulsa

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Prayers for Jenai.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'd also like to add a young boy name Nick, a grandson of a freind. He fell under the sway of some bad influences and beleived a handful of aleve and some beer was just a fun high.....they are currently fighting to keep his kidneys from shutting down. 15 1/2 is young to learn such a stupid and serious mistake.
Thank you.

OMG. How sad. My prayers are with him and his family.

I received word from an old friend of mine who had both good and bad news... Good news is that she is pregnant, bad news is that she has been diagnosed with breast cancer or Inflammatory Breast Cancer (IBC) to be exact.
She's undergoing treatment at this writing but could use all the prayers, hopes and good thoughts sent her way. She is married to a good guy and a mother of 5 beautiful young ladies, not including this current pregnancy at which the sex of the baby is still unknown right now.

Her name is Jenai and she is one of my very good friends.

:asian: thanks in advance...

Thoughts and prayers for Jenai.

Live True

Brown Belt
Reaction score
thank you all for the prayers for Nick. After a week in the hospital, his kidneys are starting to get back to normal and he may get out of the hospital in a day or so. Thank you all!

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I called up my close friend and mentor on Tuesday to propose some hanging-out and he declined, saying he was laid up with a stomach ache.

Last night I came home to peculiar message. I had to listen to it several times. "mumble mumble hospital mumble operation slur tubes snooooore ..." I immediately called him but he wasn't lucid enough to tell me much. He just slurred something about ... colon ... I think. I was so upset I even forgot to ask him which hospital he's in.

I'm brainstorming what I can do to help him. He has 3 dogs and 6 special-needs cats. There's no way I could take them in. I wouldn't want to encroach on whatever veterinary stuff he does for them, but at least I can dole out kibble and balls of string to keep them busy. I don't want to wake him up with a phone call, so I have my phone at my side. If he calls, I'm ditching my work shift to get wherever he needs me to be.

OP
shesulsa

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I called up my close friend and mentor on Tuesday to propose some hanging-out and he declined, saying he was laid up with a stomach ache.

Last night I came home to peculiar message. I had to listen to it several times. "mumble mumble hospital mumble operation slur tubes snooooore ..." I immediately called him but he wasn't lucid enough to tell me much. He just slurred something about ... colon ... I think. I was so upset I even forgot to ask him which hospital he's in.

I'm brainstorming what I can do to help him. He has 3 dogs and 6 special-needs cats. There's no way I could take them in. I wouldn't want to encroach on whatever veterinary stuff he does for them, but at least I can dole out kibble and balls of string to keep them busy. I don't want to wake him up with a phone call, so I have my phone at my side. If he calls, I'm ditching my work shift to get wherever he needs me to be.

If you still don't know which hospital he's at, call some in your area and say you'd like to visit, which room is he in and if he's not there, they obviously can't connect you.

Flea if you don't know of any family or close friends he has that can help with the animals or anything else, then call the local vet clinic (or if you know his, call them) and explain the situation and see if they will either help you or find a volunteer who can help. The humane society might be able to help too.

If he's single, he'll need his home to be monitored, mail and paper brought in, plants watered. Do some basics for him - it's really helpful to come home to a tidy home where food hasn't been allowed to sit on plates, etc.

If he's in the hospital for a while, watch the food in his fridge and on the counter for spoilage and remove it immediately.

If he's married, ask the wife what you can do to help. Bringing her a meal or two can help. If he's in hospital for more than a day or two, see if there's a church group or a mentoring group or some friends who will make a meal for him/them on a rotation, delivered to their door.

Just some suggestions. :)

Flea

MT Mentor
Reaction score
Excellent suggestions, indeed! :asian:

D is an absurdly generous soul. Not only does he take in stray critters but stray humans as well. Currently he also houses a perpetually homeless alcoholic and a domestic violence refugee. The alcoholic is well-versed in the critter care, and I'm not comfortable coming around with the domestic violence dynamic. Chances are slim the husband would show up, but the refugee would probably let him in. I don't want to drop by his house if I can help it, but I would if he asked me to.

I think I'd be more about the bedside vigil thing. We spoke this morning and he said he expects a second surgery this afternoon. I'm no doctor but he said it was something about a band around his intestine? I'll bring him some flowers and magazines, and maybe spin a florid fantasy about the outside world for his entertainment.

Live True

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Wishes of warmth and healing sent to your freind Flea, courage and wisdom to his human strays, comfort and hope to his furry ones, and of comfort and strength to you!

OP
shesulsa

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Anything, please, for Darlene who is septic and in ICU.

Flea

MT Mentor
Reaction score
Done, and a hug for you for good measure if you want one.

Flea

MT Mentor
Reaction score
My friend Deb lost her service dog abruptly yesterday. Aside from the shock and grief, she's likely to be housebound for quite some time before finding a new partner.

Flea

MT Mentor
Reaction score
For the good people of Haiti. 'Nuff said.

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
This thread has become a little forgotten, so I'll revive it with a wish for one of our own. Hoping they'll be back with us soon (they didn't want a fuss, so I'm not saying who it is... but those who know me can probably guess who I would be looking out for most of all).

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good thoughts and prayers

Latest Discussions