POW/MIA List

Nightingale

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I thought those who have been classified as POW/MIA (Prisoner of War, Missing in Action) deserved their own thread... please keep these men and women in your thoughts and/or prayers. Names are in alphabetical order.

Reported POWs/MIAs

NAME AGE UNIT HOMETOWN DETAILS

NAME AGE UNIT HOMETOWN DETAILS

Army Sgt. Edward J. Anguiano 24 3rd Combat Support Battalion Brownsville, Texas Went missing after his convoy was ambushed in Iraq on March 23, 2003

Pfc. Tamario D. Burkett 21 1st Battalion, 2nd Marine Regiment Erie, New York Went missing engaged in operations on the outskirts of Nasiriya on March 23, 2003

Cpl. Kemaphoom A. Chanawong- se 22 1st Battalion, 2nd Marine Regiment Waterford, Connecticut Went missing engaged in operations on the outskirts of Nasiriya on March 23, 2003

Lance Cpl. Donald J. Cline Jr. 21 1st Battalion, 2nd Marine Regiment Washoe, Nevada Went missing engaged in operations on the outskirts of Nasiriya on March 23, 2003

Pvt. Jonathan L. Gifford 20 1st Battalion, 2nd Marine Regiment Macon, Illinois Went missing engaged in operations on the outskirts of Nasiriya on March 23, 2003

Pvt. Nolen R. Hutchings 19 1st Battalion, 2nd Marine Regiment Boiling Springs, South Carolina Went missing engaged in operations on the outskirts of Nasiriya on March 23, 2003

Recovered POWs

Sgt. James Riley 31 507th Maintenance Company Pennsauken, New Jersey Was missing after an Iraqi ambush at Nasiriya on March 23, 2003. Rescued April 13, 2003, north of Baghdad.

Chief Warrant Officer David S. Williams 30 1st Battalion of the 227th Aviation Regiment Florida Captured during helicopter action near Karbala on March 24, 2003. Rescued April 13, 2003, north of Baghdad.

Chief Warrant Officer Ronald D. Young 26 1st Battalion of the 227th Aviation Regiment Lithia Springs, Georgia Captured during helicopter action near Karbala on March 24, 2003. Rescued April 13, 2003, north of Baghdad.

Spc. Shoshana Johnson 30 507th Maintenance Company El Paso, Texas Was missing after an Iraqi ambush at Nasiriya on March 23, 2003. Rescued April 13, 2003, north of Baghdad.

Pfc. Jessica Lynch 19 507th Maintenance Company Palestine, West Virginia Was missing after an Iraqi ambush at Nasiriya on March 23, 2003. Rescued April 2, 2003, by U.S. troops from Saddam Hospital in Nasiriya

Pfc. Patrick Miller 23 507th Maintenance Company Walter, Kansas Was missing after an Iraqi ambush at Nasiriya on March 23, 2003. Rescued April 13, 2003, north of Baghdad.

Spc. Edgar Hernandez 21 507th Maintenance Company Mission, Texas Was missing after an Iraqi ambush at Nasiriya on March 23, 2003. Rescued April 13, 2003, north of Baghdad.

Spc. Joseph Hudson 23 507th Maintenance Company Alamogordo, New Mexico Was missing after an Iraqi ambush at Nasiriya on March 23, 2003. Rescued April 13, 2003, north of Baghdad.

M

Mike Clarke

You might want to remember that there are British MIA's and POW's too. Not to mention those who have made the ultimate sacrifice. Let's not make this 'just' an American thing when there are others [Australians too] putting it on the line also.

To all those over in Iraq, I wish them good luck and a quick return home. May their god look over them always.

Mike.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mike,
We want to include all those KIA/MIA in this. I'm unable to locate lists of other than US forces? Can you give us a link to where the others are being listed?

Thank you.
:asian:

OP
Nightingale

Nightingale

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've listed the names of everyone I could find. If you know of more, please let myself or another mod/admin know so the list can be updated.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Lets keep this one active. I'll try to get someone I know tohelp with the information if it has been published he may be able to find it.
Our thoughts and hopes go out to those that are at risk no matter which milatary they serve in. If you heard the news today, it has been reported that the Republician guard has killed commanders and high ranking people to make the troops fight for their cause/war.
Pow's are always at the formost in the minds of those that have had milatary service.

J

Jill666

I won't post

In the hopes that all will return safely and have the peaceful lives they have already earned. So just a wishing well and a

*deep bow*

M

Mike Clarke

Kaith,
Sorry, I have no address to get information on any British and Australian POW's and MIT's [or the dead], that I can give you.
I just didn't want those who have given so much of themselves to be forgotten in peoples thoughts.
I meant no disrespect to anyone, least of all the Americans who have [once again] stepped up to the plate and begun doing what has had to be done.
Mike.

platinum_angel

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
not only the ones in iraq but also the ones that treat injured and help the soldiers. such as the spanish. we could of easily sided with the weak french

K

KenpoDragon

For ALL the Allied forces, I would just like to say THANK YOU!!!!!!!
You make our freedom possible. For all of the fallen soldiers, my heart goes out to your families, for all those missing, your in my prayers, and for all those still fighting, stay strong.

:asian: :asian: :asian: :asian: :asian: :asian: :asian: :asian:

YOU ALL HAVE MY DEEPEST RESPECT.

Y

yilisifu

We need to remember that freedom is never free. It's bought and paid for with the blood of precious lives and the courage of those who believe in it.

God bless them all.

:asian:

Latest Discussions