Possible new job!!

OP
S

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have to take some drug tests today, we go from there...

I havent eaten any cake yet, but I ordered a (pizza) pie to celebrate last night.

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have to take some drug tests today, we go from there...

I havent eaten any cake yet, but I ordered a (pizza) pie to celebrate last night.

Just make sure it is not poppie seed filled cake! :)

Good luck!!! :)

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sam, first of all CONGRATULATIONS!!

Most importantly though, follow Shesulsa's advice about your 401K and retirement package. I know you are only 17 (days away from 18!) but take it from an old fart who knows. 17 to 43 seems like about a week. The difference being, i didn't get that advice at your age and if I had to rely on retirement savings from work only I'd have to work until they threw dirt over my grave. Luckily, I have a great job, had some luck, and some brains, so retirement is only a few years away (crosses fingers and knocks on wood) . Don't count on luck coming through no matter how brilliant you are; planning, planning, planning.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congrats Sam on the new job.

Others have posted on the 401K, if you get a raise, figure out how much the raise is in money to you per pay period. Take half of that raise and put it into the 401K. This does two things right off, you get to start saving and your 401K can be rolled over to what ever job or personal account you may go to in the future. The second is that you get to see half the raise you see the benefit of the new job, and the other half you have never seen so you will not miss it.

Good Luck

Latest Discussions