Possible new job!!

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm so excited that I just had to share -
I've had two interviews at target for a manager's position, and they just called me for a third interview.

If I get the job I will be making enough that I can work a regular 9-5, live on my own, and attend karate while going to school.

I am SO excited.

My sister's keep having to burst my bubble by asking me what they would want with a 17 year old as a manager, and one sister was convinced that I misunderstood when I told her that was what I was interviewing for, but I'm capable of more than my family thinks.

Anyway, this would make my life a lot easier if I got this job, so please keep your fingers crossed for me!

donna

Black Belt
Reaction score
Good luck Sam, Ive got everything crossed for you, hope it goes well. :)

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sam as a 37 year old manager, I can tell you that they would want a 17 year old manager because:

- You are bright, hard working, and articulate

- You speak some Spanish

- Your 18th birthday is coming up soon, so any age-related restrictions will only be in place for a few weeks

And...

- All interviews, no matter what the questions are are variations of just two questions.

CAN you do the job?

WILL you do the job?

When you answer their questions, if you can be convincing that you CAN and WILL do the job they have open, you have the best shot at getting it.

Good fortune!

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good luck! I hope it works out for you.
icon14.gif

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
That is wonderful news, indeed! Good luck, chickie. Knock 'em dead at the third interview...um, you know what I mean. :)

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Outstanding...The BEST of luck...

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That's fantastic news Sam. I wish you the best of luck. :asian:

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good luck Sam!! Let us know how it goes! :ultracool

Mike

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Wow! Great! Let us know how it goes! Good luck!

- Ceicei

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
Good luck Sam. I know you have had a bad way of things in the past few months, hang in there and I do hope the best. Let us know.

Shaolinwind

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I've had two interviews at target for a manager's position, and they just called me for a third interview.

If I get the job I will be making enough that I can work a regular 9-5, live on my own, and attend karate while going to school.

I am SO excited.

My sister's keep having to burst my bubble by asking me what they would want with a 17 year old as a manager, and one sister was convinced that I misunderstood when I told her that was what I was interviewing for, but I'm capable of more than my family thinks.

Anyway, this would make my life a lot easier if I got this job, so please keep your fingers crossed for me!

Congrats Sam, I wish you all the best.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

I am SO excited.

Sam,

While being a manager of a place in College we would hire lots of high school people. I interevied lots fo people and I asked the following questions of many: "What do you want out of this job?" For most ist was money for school or to spend for dates etcetera, but one young lady replied, "I want your job." I smiled and told her Ok, we will work on that. A year later she was working as the Day Manager (* Night shift my shift the busier of the two shifts and also requrieing a manager that could bounce *). She graduated high school and went to college. She cam back and was surprised that it was so hard for people to give her a break, and none would even check to see if she truly was a manager. They just smiled and said OK. So, I say you have a shot, and if you get it work it well. Just unfortunately next position you may have to prove yourself all over again.

As to being 17, if you do the job and do it well, then I see no problems, in particular if you can work the hours.

Good Luck

OP
S

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
I had to do THREE more interviews yesterday. I thought it would never end.

Anyway,

I GOT THE JOB, I GOT THE JOB!

So what's a 401k?

Latest Discussions