Poomse

OP
terryl965

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
allpet said:
Then you should try to train with Patrick MacCarthy or Vince Morris or their students, then you will see that the techniques in the taegeuk are effective. Fx. bo joomeok is a very nasty shoulder throw and it can even be used in ground fighting... :ultracool

I did not say the taeguek where not effective, just that they should be updated. Thanks for your honest input though.
Terry

allpet

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Well, then you just need Patrick or Vince to update your current applications... ;-þ

OP
terryl965

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
allpet said:
Well, then you just need Patrick or Vince to update your current applications... ;-þ

That would be great but quite frankly I do not know them or ever heard of them sorry. Remember I"m in Texas, Are they close to me, that ay I can look them up.
Terry

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
allpet said:
Fx. bo joomeok is a very nasty shoulder throw and it can even be used in ground fighting... :ultracool

Forgive me, but either I misunderstand your example, or I'm drawing a blank. Where in Taeguek is that?

allpet

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
terryl965 said:
That would be great but quite frankly I do not know them or ever heard of them sorry. Remember I"m in Texas, Are they close to me, that ay I can look them up.
Terry

Patrick is living in Australia... ;-) But he has students many places. http://www.koryu-uchinadi.com/

Vince is actually living in USA. http://www.kissakikarate.com/

For some reason they don't talk with each other... but if you write them say hi from Allan from Denmark.

allpet

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Gemini said:
Forgive me, but either I misunderstand your example, or I'm drawing a blank. Where in Taeguek is that?
It's actually right before the gawi (or kawi?) makki. It's called the covered fist stance.

Imagine you're making an armbar. The bo joomeok represents that you're pulling the arm.

Other nice examples of bo joomeok:

Entry into a shoulder throw:
eksempel1.jpg

Standard wrist lock seen in Hapkido and other styles:

eksempel2.jpg

A choke using bo joomeok:

eksempel4.jpg

Latest Discussions