Pilot Errors Outlined in 2009 Crash

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/pilot-errors-outlined-2009-air-france-crash-102252489.html

LE BOURGET, France (AP) — The crew piloting a doomed Air France jet over the Atlantic did not realize the plane was in a stall, were insufficiently trained in flying manually, and never informed the passengers that anything was wrong before they plunged into the sea, according to new findings released Friday.
Based on newly discovered cockpit recordings from the 2009 crash, the French air accident investigation agency is recommending mandatory training for all pilots to help them fly planes manually and handle a high-altitude stall.

Ok, I'll be blunt....what the **** were these people doing, flying a plane, they didn't know how to fly?? So lemme get this straight. All they knew how to do, was just sit on their ***, and let the plane do all the work...they didn't know how to fly manually? Hmm...you'd figure that'd be a very important thing covered during flight training.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/pilot-errors-outlined-2009-air-france-crash-102252489.html

Ok, I'll be blunt....what the **** were these people doing, flying a plane, they didn't know how to fly?? So lemme get this straight. All they knew how to do, was just sit on their ***, and let the plane do all the work...they didn't know how to fly manually? Hmm...you'd figure that'd be a very important thing covered during flight training.
they were trying to eliminate pilot error...

MaxiMe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Le Borget France..

Hmm. a wise man I know once told me the French can't fly.... Oh yeah that navy pilot related to my wife that tried to teach them in the 70's..
" US Airforce formation flying is same direction same day...and the French are worse."

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The perils of over-dependence on automation I am sad to say. As the hardware gets better the skills of the people get worse - you only have to look at the deterioration in driving standards to see that.

OP
M

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The perils of over-dependence on automation I am sad to say. As the hardware gets better the skills of the people get worse - you only have to look at the deterioration in driving standards to see that.

Its the same thing with a cash register. God forbid you make the clerk unable to rely just on the register, to make change, they get flustered and confused. Machines aren't perfect. You'd think, given that fact, especially when other peoples lives are in your hands, that you'd be capable of flying the plane without the computer aid. Hell, look at Capt. Sully. He landed the damn plane on the Hudson River.