Airline Security: Stuck on the Runway?

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Disco
Americans have been programed to become VICTIMS.

It starts from early childhood, with the family. You are taught that it is wrong to fight. Even for what is rightfully yours. Your toy is taken by another child. Your told to "share", don't fight over it. The programming starts!

You now become old enough to understand religion. Again, the influence of fighting is wrong. A sin, turn the other cheek, love thine enemy. Again, misguided programming. Does the Bible not tell of fighting and wars. Do you not have the moral obligation to defend and protect not only yourself, but your family from evil and harm? You allow yourself to be a victim. Now your family must suffer. Because you are either not there or you have been hurt so badly that you cannot function properly. You can imagine other examples.

Our educational system. School says "Can't Fight". Even if your trying to defend yourself from a bully or a gang. You are forced to allow yourself to be victimized. Go ahead, take my lunch money, ruin my books and clothing. Even hurt me if you want to. I'll get suspended or thrown out if I do anything for self-protection. Again, programming...... Oh, by the way, you can forget about the school (teachers, principle) coming to your aid. The vast majority have a different agenda.

Now for the biggest, most egregious aspect of our society. THE LAW..... We all have heard of the moronic stories of the courts awarding lawsuit judgements, to people who were in the act of committing a crime. Burglary, assualts, holdup's against law abiding people who were only defending themselves. DUH!!, No wonder other countries think were weak and laugh at us.

And speaking of other countries. Their philosophies, teach their childern that it is not only permissable to fight, but it's also their duty. Their programming is to believe that they have the right to fight and kill for country, religion, politics, leaders and even for their food. Rest assured, they have no thought for "Political Correctness". This ideology is not restricted only to the so called third world and/or middle eastern countries. It's even right here in the good old US of A. But not embraced by the general public, only special interest factions.

Dear Sir,

I have to disagree.

As a Child, when was forced to share, Iwould ask the adult saying this, to have the child then give me somethign of theirs. You see, I was tired on getting my stuff broken.

When I would end up in the Principal's office, they always asked me why I did it? They also wanted to know why I had hit him / her or took them and hurt them real bad.

I replied, They did it once, I told them not too. They did it twice, I told an adult. They did it three times, I took care of the problem. I never got suspended or expelled for it, for you see I had used the system to defend myself. There was a record of my attempting to be a productive member of society. Not just a little bully.

So, did I turn the other check, even though this was not taught to me by Christianity, yes, only to show I tried. Then, I hit them and took them out. I did it in a manner that no one would ever do it again.

So, I do not think all your points are valid.

Just my opinion.
:asian:

D

Disco

Rich, I commend you for your tolerance. I think that you may be one of the fortunate one's who lived in an area of the country (Mid-West), that allowed you to proceed as you did. But as you pointed out, you used the system. But it took several referrals by you, to the powers that be and you still had to handle it yourself.
If the system really worked, your first report would have been the end of the problem. I am glad though, that you were able to stand for yourself. I would attribute that to the fact that you are/were trained. Alas, the vast majority of our population has no training and they are content to let the politicians and the law makers do their everyday thinking for them.

Everybody has to live their life and function in society according to their own conscious. My conscious dictates to me that if I turn the other cheek, I may not get the opportunity to turn it again.

Thanks for sharing your opinion and I wish you well with your journey within the Martial Arts World.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Disco
Rich, I commend you for your tolerance. I think that you may be one of the fortunate one's who lived in an area of the country (Mid-West), that allowed you to proceed as you did. But as you pointed out, you used the system. But it took several referrals by you, to the powers that be and you still had to handle it yourself.
If the system really worked, your first report would have been the end of the problem. I am glad though, that you were able to stand for yourself. I would attribute that to the fact that you are/were trained. Alas, the vast majority of our population has no training and they are content to let the politicians and the law makers do their everyday thinking for them.

Everybody has to live their life and function in society according to their own conscious. My conscious dictates to me that if I turn the other cheek, I may not get the opportunity to turn it again.

Thanks for sharing your opinion and I wish you well with your journey within the Martial Arts World.

Disco, Back At Ya! :D

Well I got into Martial Arts to learn how to control people or hurt them without breaking them and putting them into the hospital. :( It is sad to say that, yet that is where my journey began in Martial Arts. It was after I had most of my problems.

Opinions are good, Glad you came back with your! :)

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The story above said two days of training, but the local news tonight said a week (as had another TV news story). It also showed some CQC training, with people wearing face-protecting headgear using red training pistols and grappling over the guns. It wasn't perfectly clear to me whether it was training to disarm someone who had a pistol or training to retain a pistol that someone was trying to take from you though based on the short segment I saw I gathered it was the latter--training the pilots in weapon retention. It not only seems more logical but seemed more consistent with what was shown.