Pat Robertson says marijuana use should be legal

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
http://www.infowars.com/pat-robertson-says-marijuana-use-should-be-legal/

Of the many roles Pat Robertson has assumed over his five-decade-long career as an evangelical leader — including presidential candidate and provocative voice of the right wing — his newest guise may perhaps surprise his followers the most: marijuana legalization advocate.

“I really believe we should treat marijuana the way we treat beverage alcohol,” Mr. Robertson said in an interview on Wednesday. “I’ve never used marijuana and I don’t intend to, but it’s just one of those things that I think: this war on drugs just hasn’t succeeded.”

Mr. Robertson’s remarks echoed statements he made last week on “The 700 Club,” the signature program of his Christian Broadcasting Network, and other comments he made in 2010. While those earlier remarks were largely dismissed by his followers, Mr. Robertson has now apparently fully embraced the idea of legalizing marijuana, arguing that it is a way to bring down soaring rates of incarceration and reduce the social and financial costs.

Did the devil just buy a snowblower?

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL probably did... the whole, "I never used and don't intend to" is probably a smoke screen. Where else would he get his kooky ideas?

Lots of places. I don't use and don't intend to. I also don't use tabacco and don't intend to. There's lots of things that I have no interest in doing/using. That doesn't mean I particularly care if others do.

Nomad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that one of the registered signs of the Apocalypse is me agreeing with anything that Pat Robertson has ever said or will ever say. Damn. Guess the Mayans were right after all.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that one of the registered signs of the Apocalypse is me agreeing with anything that Pat Robertson has ever said or will ever say. Damn. Guess the Mayans were right after all.

No no, we know that the world will not end in 2012, because Marty McFly traveled to 2015...

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Nope, if they (the facts) bothered him, he'd create some of his own to suit. Remember what he said about the Haitians.

Couldn't say I do....The last time I actually listened to him was when he let Monty Roberts play with one of his horses....