Past Discouraged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disco

Green Belt
Reaction score
Well I must say, that it didn't take all that long to bury the meet and greet thread to the next page. Out of site out of mind, eh? I'm sorry, but for a section that has more than it's share of postings and lots of informative(?) TKD people, to have nobody wanting to physically share anything, I find that ?????????? Can't even think of a nice wording for it. It just seems that folks here would rather fill page upon page on nonsense subjects, instead of taking an opportunity to invest in their own training and make new and hopefully valuable contacts. Well as the French say, "Se La Vie"...........It's really a shame that nobody was even remotely interested. :wavey:Ya All......................

bluewaveschool

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
If I still lived in Texas, I'd be all over it. I simply can not afford it. I love to sit around and talk TKD with my other instructors and with a guy that runs a school in the next town over.

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
I live in California and money is tight. You can't get upset just because people can't travel just to have meet people with no other purpose. It would make more sense to plan something like this around an activity that many may already be attending. Something like the U.S. Open or some major conference or seminar.

Most are on here are just regular people with lives and are not able to just take time away for something like a meet and greet. I can see it now. Well we can't take vacation this year dear because I used up my time away from work for that meet and greet. I think I would be in the dog house for sure if I did that.

Anyways, I hope to be in Texas this Feb. for the U.S. Open and just like last year hope to see some of you there. If not then I hope to see any of you at the Sr. and Jr. National in my current home state and town of San Jose CA. in June and July.

Happy Holidays All.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I must say, that it didn't take all that long to bury the meet and greet thread to the next page. Out of site out of mind, eh? I'm sorry, but for a section that has more than it's share of postings and lots of informative(?) TKD people, to have nobody wanting to physically share anything, I find that ?????????? Can't even think of a nice wording for it. It just seems that folks here would rather fill page upon page on nonsense subjects, instead of taking an opportunity to invest in their own training and make new and hopefully valuable contacts. Well as the French say, "Se La Vie"...........It's really a shame that nobody was even remotely interested. :wavey:Ya All......................

A while back, some Kenpo people from the New England area, got together. Not so much for a workout, but more of a "Lets find a mutal spot, thats not too far of a drive for everyone, find a restaurant, etc., hang out, get to know each other face to face, rather than just over a computer, eat, talk shop, etc. Unfortunately, due to work, I was unable to attend. That damn job gets in the way of play sometimes. LOL! :D But I heard it was a good time. :)

For the reasons some already said, it may not be the best time for some people, doe to real life, money, other priorities, etc. Doesnt necessarily mean people weren't interested. Terry has offered his school, so that took care of the location, it was just a matter of getting people to go.

As for talking about useless topics....if you feel this area is lacking, by all means, start some threads. Talking about how 'dead' an area is, isn't going to help it grow, if people dont post. If a good topic is posted, and someone starts crapping in it, report the post in question, and the mods will address it.

OP
Disco

Disco

Green Belt
Reaction score
"You can't get upset just because people can't travel just to have meet people with no other purpose."

Now see, I didn't know that!!.........To the moderators here, I'm sorry for getting upset, I didn't know that it was against the rules here on MartialTalk.....:uhyeah:

What I get upset about is the total lack of interest in a subject, that could/would have far more reaching implications than sitting behind a keyboard and posting nonsense, after going off topic on a subject and that particular thread goes for pages. What I get upset about is the all knowing talk the talk, but when there's an opportunity to walk the walk, the place becomes a tomb. As for "No other purpose", perhaps the wording "share some knowledge" or "invest in their own training", were really to vague for people to understand. Again, I'm sorry for being too obtuse........:uhohh:

"As for talking about useless topics....if you feel this area is lacking, by all means, start some threads. Talking about how 'dead' an area is, isn't going to help it grow, if people dont post. If a good topic is posted, and someone starts crapping in it, report the post in question, and the mods will address it."

Huh???.........Nobody said anything about this being a DEAD area, but just the opposite, "It just seems that folks here would rather fill page upon page on nonsense subjects".
Now this aspect also upsets me, because it just really seems that a lot of folks here either just want to post their agenda, without actually reading or COMPREHENDING what's been read. The above statement only serves to reinforce that position........

"Doesnt necessarily mean people weren't interested. Terry has offered his school, so that took care of the location, it was just a matter of getting people to go."

:duh: Now why didn't I think of that?...........Oh yeah!.......That's what my initial post was about!!.........NOBODY WAS INTERESTED!!

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Or perhaps nobody wants to travel 100's or potentially 1000's of miles to hang out with a whiner? I don't know, just a thought.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I saw 3 possible spots mentioned, some dates tossed around, and then, silence.
I'll organize one when I can. We're looking at Buffalo NY or possibly Cleveland Ohio for next fall. Anywhere else, is outside my immediate control.

You want a M&G?
Go find a location, pick a date, announce what if any fees are involved, and I'll be happy to push it out to the entire 10,000+ memberlist.

The guys in NE picked a local park, passed out fliers at local schools and had a good dozen or so people pop in. We got a few new members out of it. I do the same with the WNY M&G's. We've got a ton of TX schools in our database you can work with. I'm sure they'd love some free PR.

And if you have something, send it to me so I can get it out to the list.

OP
Disco

Disco

Green Belt
Reaction score
Or perhaps nobody wants to travel 100's or potentially 1000's of miles to hang out with a whiner? I don't know, just a thought.:lfao:

:rolleyes::vu::waah::duh::shrug::moon: See, it's a coma induced droid like this that has absolutely nothing to say except something stupid!............There's a big difference between whining and sarcasm, but you wouldn't have gotten that now, would you?.....

You want a M&G?
Go find a location, pick a date

Bob, I thought better of you............We had a location and a date, go back and read!! Terry's place and the weekend of Feb18th. Problem is/was NOBODY responded and it's back page now...........That's what my rant is about!! :banghead:

This is exactly what I mean by folks not reading and comprehending things.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So PM me the fricken details, and I'll post it in the events area. Don't expect me to read minds, or even follow a thread long term. I'm managing 6 communities, 10 blogs and 5 businesses at the moment, and dealing with some family business that's more pressing than the lot of em combined.
This is the TKD area, not the Event area. Don't complain when things don't go your way. I'll gladly help out as I can, but don't expect me to microtrack the thing, especially when the ROI for me is minimum to nil.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Another point. This site sees an easy 500-1,000 visitors a DAY across the entire site. TKD is only 1 area, and I highly doubt that the folks from the JMA, CMA etc lurk in here just in case there's an event. That's why we have a centralized event area. Yeah, it required a PAID membership to post in there, but I've said for almost a year now I'd make exceptions. No one's contacted me about posting it there, and No One's sent me the details to post.
3 options
- give up
- someone pay up and post it
- send it to me and I'll post it shortly.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's c'est la vie.

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Or perhaps nobody wants to travel 100's or potentially 1000's of miles to hang out with a whiner? I don't know, just a thought.:lfao:

:rolleyes::vu::waah::duh::shrug::moon: See, it's a coma induced droid like this that has absolutely nothing to say except something stupid!............There's a big difference between whining and sarcasm, but you wouldn't have gotten that now, would you?.....

You want a M&G?
Go find a location, pick a date

Bob, I thought better of you............We had a location and a date, go back and read!! Terry's place and the weekend of Feb18th. Problem is/was NOBODY responded and it's back page now...........That's what my rant is about!! :banghead:

This is exactly what I mean by folks not reading and comprehending things.

I might actually be in Texas the weekend of the 18th. Of course if I am, I would be in Austin for the US Open and would not be able to attend this function some 3+ hours away as my time would be spent in the Austin Convention Center cheering for my daughter and our teammates.

Quite a shame actually because I would love to meet you in person and experience a taste of your world class biting sarcasm and wit straight from the source. Well, maybe next year.

OP
Disco

Disco

Green Belt
Reaction score
So PM me the fricken details, and I'll post it in the events area. Don't expect me to read minds, or even follow a thread long term. I'm managing 6 communities, 10 blogs and 5 businesses at the moment, and dealing with some family business that's more pressing than the lot of em combined.
This is the TKD area, not the Event area. Don't complain when things don't go your way. I'll gladly help out as I can, but don't expect me to microtrack the thing, especially when the ROI for me is minimum to nil.

Oh Boo-fricking-hoo. You came into the thread and volunteered to enlighten folks about it."(I can't do Feb myself, but ya'll pick a date and I'll blast it out to everyone.)"You were in the thread 5 different times with posts and you were in giving someone a thank you right after this post.
Originally Posted by Disco
Ok after going though my Calander I have open the weekend of February 18-19-20 that is a Friday, Saturday and Sunday

We now have a location and firm date. I will be in attendance providing I'm not dead, but if I die right before that date, I may show up anyway. Never can tell at my age!!!:uhohh:

Isn't a rule that those who show up dead have to buy the first 3 round of drinks?

Don't come crying foul and somebody should have told you........You knew and offered!!

"Quite a shame actually because I would love to meet you in person and experience a taste of your world class biting sarcasm and wit straight from the source. Well, maybe next year."

What a shame, I guess you'll just have to get your fill from here then, but soak it up now, for it's just about finished.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh Boo-fricking-hoo. You came into the thread and volunteered to enlighten folks about it."(I can't do Feb myself, but ya'll pick a date and I'll blast it out to everyone.)"You were in the thread 5 different times with posts and you were in giving someone a thank you right after this post.
Originally Posted by Disco
Ok after going though my Calander I have open the weekend of February 18-19-20 that is a Friday, Saturday and Sunday

We now have a location and firm date. I will be in attendance providing I'm not dead, but if I die right before that date, I may show up anyway. Never can tell at my age!!!:uhohh:
Isn't a rule that those who show up dead have to buy the first 3 round of drinks?

Don't come crying foul and somebody should have told you........You knew and offered!!

"Quite a shame actually because I would love to meet you in person and experience a taste of your world class biting sarcasm and wit straight from the source. Well, maybe next year."

What a shame, I guess you'll just have to get your fill from here then, but soak it up now, for it's just about finished.

Promise?

I thought it was only two year olds that had tantrums!

OP
Disco

Disco

Green Belt
Reaction score
Promise?

Well, how very British of you to join in the fray as a 5th party. A tantrum is it? A tantrum and whining is when you don't get your own way, not for pointing out how disinterested folks are when offered something for nothing. You have no play in this, but you felt compelled to just jump on the band wagon anyway, just because others have taken a dislike or offense to this thread. Safety in numbers is always a good motto.

I've been taken to task for my stand on the subject and I'm not intimidated to call things as I see them. You have a problem with that, then I suggest a nice cup of tea and a nap is in order. I'm sure that my presence here is on thin ice anyway, for talking back to the Emperor. As you pointed out...C'est la vie..................

Last edited:

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
<shrugs> I am not much of an event organizer.

If Terry hosts an event in Arlington, I imagine I'd be able to make it with some advance notice. Someone wake me up when it's all settled.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Promise?

Well, how very British of you to join in the fray as a 5th party. A tantrum is it? A tantrum and whining is when you don't get your own way, not for pointing out how disinterested folks are when offered something for nothing. You have no play in this, but you felt compelled to just jump on the band wagon anyway, just because others have taken a dislike or offense to this thread. Safety in numbers is always a good motto.

I've been taken to task for my stand on the subject and I'm not intimidated to call things as I see them. You have a problem with that, then I suggest a nice cup of tea and a nap is in order. I'm sure that my presence here is on thin ice anyway, for talking back to the Emperor. As you pointed out...C'est la vie..................

:lfao::lfao::lfao::lfao:

Hey, I'm just giving you my comments for free lol, of course if you're disinterested in something for free...........:)

Nap? no it's ten to midnight so I'm off to bed with a mug of Horlicks smugly satisfied that another day has passed with my making yet another person happy.:)

You are very funny you know, really enjoyed your posts. Bon nuit mon ami.

bluewaveschool

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
What sucks most for me besides not being able to afford the trip from Kentucky to Texas is the fact that we have friends right near Arlington (Cleburne, Terry knows where it is I'm sure) so we would crash for free. I'd love to meet and work out/trade ideas with Terry and Dancingalone. Disco, he's been a negative nancy in this thread, so maybe not so much. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions