Past Discouraged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What sucks most for me besides not being able to afford the trip from Kentucky to Texas is the fact that we have friends right near Arlington (Cleburne, Terry knows where it is I'm sure) so we would crash for free. I'd love to meet and work out/trade ideas with Terry and Dancingalone. Disco, he's been a negative nancy in this thread, so maybe not so much. :p

I think it would be cool to train with Terry, if I ever win the lottery I will fly across, get you all together and we'll have a ball.

When you say nancy do you mean that in the American sense as in a name or the British sense as in a poof? Just curious :)

leadleg

Blue Belt
Reaction score
poof? speak english for cryin' out loud
what about disco, uhg worst music catastrophy in american history

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
poof? speak english for cryin' out loud
what about disco, uhg worst music catastrophy in american history

Thought you'd know it from Monty Python! (ah I knew this thread reminded me of something!) It's what you but not us would call a fag. :)

leadleg

Blue Belt
Reaction score
A poof is a cigarette? I love Monty Python, he's Scottish right?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A poof is a cigarette? I love Monty Python, he's Scottish right?

Oh dearie me :)

Nah, a poof or poofter to give it the full word, is an amusing, familiar term for a gentleman who bats for the other team.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no tez, it's just a term for someone that is constantly negative, as disco has been in this thread.

shame, it's actually quite rude here calling someone a nancy! we'd just say he was being a pillock.

leadleg

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Oh dearie me :)

Nah, a poof or poofter to give it the full word, is an amusing, familiar term for a gentleman who bats for the other team.

Ha! sometimes we call someone a Nancy but it means like a sissy not a full on flamer
We have "doubting Thomas",Bouncing Betty.... kinda nice way of being mean

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha! sometimes we call someone a Nancy but it means like a sissy not a full on flamer
We have "doubting Thomas",Bouncing Betty.... kinda nice way of being mean

Ah being tactful you mean!

I was taught that tact is the art of telling someone to go to hell in such a way that he looks forward to the journey!

leadleg

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I agree with you, calling someone a negative nancy is not tactful, I'd hunt you down like a dog on a rabbit if called me Nancy any thing;) He should say I would like work out with Terry but you seem to be in such distress that your company mixed with mine would be a travisty,hope you feel better soon. I would probably say hey,take some midol and put in a new napkin it'll all be over soon.

leadleg

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I'd like to apologise in advance for Tez and Bluewaveschool for hijacking this thread that had been forgotten,abandoned and otherwise totally neglected.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I organized M&G's from 2004-2009. I put a lot of time into finding locations, contacting hotels, even got room blocks set aside twice. I planned out detailed events, and had people fly or drive in from Oregon, California, Texas, etc. Terry's done 1 at his place, and the late Bob Quinn did one at his place in Georgia. Neither Terry not Bob whined about things, they got off their asses and did it. Dude, stop fracking whining and shut up already. You want something, go make it happen. I gave you some info. Go do up a flier, send me the particulars, and so on, or shut up already. Why should I put any effort in here? Do your events advertising for you, pull your events information together. This isn't MY event. It's not MY idea. It's not going to put cash in my pocket to keep the site running.

If Terry shoots me a note with the details, I'll push em out.

Disco, you on the other hand, until I see a "Supporting Member" badge on your profile, which I doubt I will, then whine, complain, whatever. I. Don't. Care.
As to thin ice, if the mods see a problem here, that's up to them, and I trust they will do what they need to.

If anyone else would like to organize a regional M&G, pick a day, a location, and times, and if there will be any fees, and send me the information. I'll post it and push it out.

If it sits in a thread and gets buried, then, so be it.
But don't be a Disco about it.

End of Debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions