P90X and Kempo

OP
kosho

kosho

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Nice,
I really think you will like the program.

Kosho

OP
kosho

kosho

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Day 33 gone. good work out on Legs. Ab ripper X

Kosho

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
Started Sunday day 1.....push up hell....I am sore today...couldn't match them 1 for 1 BUT SOON......doing disk 2 tonight...can't wait...really enjoy the soreness...haven't felt like this in a very long time....

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
Day 33 gone. good work out on Legs. Ab ripper X

Kosho
Do you do the Ab ripper X the three times a week?
My lower back and oddly enough front of my hips...really had alot of pain, muscle pain nothing skeletel (sp)just not used to the work out......the abs was tough...couldn't balance on my ***, kept falling over....kinda funny.....

OP
kosho

kosho

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I Do them (4) times a week now. At first it was really hard to do. But as you do them more the better you get. I added a day to AB ripper X
Just because I love the work out and the inches it is taking off my belly.

The pain will slowly go away. just do the best you can. YOU will see a good change.

Kosho

KenpoDave

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
My back hurt doing some of the Ab Ripper X moves at first, especially at 4 in the morning. You get over it by about the 3rd or 4th time.

OP
kosho

kosho

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Day 34 gone. Kenpo X

Kosho

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
Day 34 gone. Kenpo X

Kosho

SOOOOO Jealous~!!!!!!
Plyometrics was GREAT....Little left knee pain but considering the abuse it has taken over the years it held up better than I thought....I haven't looked at what tonights' workout will be...kinda taken it by surprise....I like the additional ab ripper think I'll add that in also.....
The diet I haven't followed to the T as yet, meaning I haven't gone out and purchased the supplies and made up the meal plans....But I am and have been very dedicated to cutting fats, sugars, etc.....I do alot of salads, fish chicken & fruit...Have cut my portions WAY down....Pretty much my intake is kinda in line with what they listed...sort of...Once back from vaca next week...I do plan to start following their plan......
It really feels good to be getting healthier again...I did ALOT of mountain bike riding for the last 3-4 years and this past season things got away a little.....BUT...that is all behind me now......:tantrum:

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
My package arrived today. Saturday I'll go out and buy a pull up bar. I like the one P90X sells on their website, I'll buy that one if I don't find one I like as well.
I'd be interested in what you find...I looked at one at Dick's Sorting Goods and didn't like it.....
Let me know...

OP
kosho

kosho

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
SOOOOO Jealous~!!!!!!
Plyometrics was GREAT....Little left knee pain but considering the abuse it has taken over the years it held up better than I thought....I haven't looked at what tonights' workout will be...kinda taken it by surprise....I like the additional ab ripper think I'll add that in also.....
The diet I haven't followed to the T as yet, meaning I haven't gone out and purchased the supplies and made up the meal plans....But I am and have been very dedicated to cutting fats, sugars, etc.....I do alot of salads, fish chicken & fruit...Have cut my portions WAY down....Pretty much my intake is kinda in line with what they listed...sort of...Once back from vaca next week...I do plan to start following their plan......
It really feels good to be getting healthier again...I did ALOT of mountain bike riding for the last 3-4 years and this past season things got away a little.....BUT...that is all behind me now......:tantrum:

I just chagned how I am eating now. I added Water to my life. I eat 4-5 small meals all day long. More and More people are seeing changes with me. That is a GREAT thing. I am closing in on day 45. Tonight for me is Relax or work on Flexability. Glad things are going well.

Kosho

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'd be interested in what you find...I looked at one at Dick's Sorting Goods and didn't like it.....
Let me know...
I didn't get a chance to check out any stores over the weekend (life got in the way). But I did surf the net and found some nice pull up bars. Instead of using a door opening I think I'm going to get one that bolts or hangs from my truss in the garage. That would tie in perfectly with my gym/dojo setup I currently have in the garage.

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
Instead of using a door opening I think I'm going to get one that bolts or hangs from my truss in the garage. That would tie in perfectly with my gym/dojo setup I currently have in the garage.

Glad to hear you say that......the guy that is on this journey with me owns a machine shop and we're going to make something for my dojo and his garage that also will hang from ceilings joists.....I have a Kali calss tonight then the 3rd disk then hopefully have a llittle me time to draft up some designs......

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
I am having trouble finding wall mounted chin up bars.. All my doorways are really big. I started a little bit of the P90X today.. just evaluations and ab ripperX. I am not going all out like Kosho is but thats ok, I am doing what i can and i will be happy with that. So if anyone has found luck on the wall mounts send me a note please. Thanks

OP
kosho

kosho

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I am having trouble finding wall mounted chin up bars.. All my doorways are really big. I started a little bit of the P90X today.. just evaluations and ab ripperX. I am not going all out like Kosho is but thats ok, I am doing what i can and i will be happy with that. So if anyone has found luck on the wall mounts send me a note please. Thanks

Sensei D,
What did you think of AB ripper X???? I love it. I have a Training this weekend in Narragansette RI at Sensei Babcocks Dojo with Hanshi Juchnik Then a trip over to Foxwoods. Should be a Great weekend. Glad to hear you have started. I myself am hooked on it (p90X) when you get a chance give me a call. would love to come down to your dojo and work out with you again.

Kosho

OP
kosho

kosho

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Day 35 Gone....Start week 6 tonight. I love this work out, Chest/tri/shoulders and Ab ripper X.

Kosho

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
Startin day 4...yoga disk...really sore..feels great...Have a problem with the ab ripper disk...the section where you push your feet towards the ceiling..REALLY HURTS the muscles along the lower section of the spine, to the degree that I can't do them...as a result I'm doing reverse crunches on the Roman Chair...I will continue to try to develop them though maybe 1 then 2, etc....
I have gotten mt son to jump in with us...thank you P90X...

OP
kosho

kosho

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Day 36 gone,

Kosho

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
Ummm.... how am i supposed to do plyometrics today when i can barely lift my legs to put them in my pants? hahaha,, this is great.
Jesse

OP
kosho

kosho

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
It only gets better. Everyday you train or do this is 1 day closer to your goal. I can not beleave that I am on week 6.

Kosho

Latest Discussions