P90X and Kempo

OP
kosho

kosho

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Day 23 Gone. WOW that was a good work out. Sweat running off.
The wife has now jumped in. she like the changes she is seeing in me and has joined in. better late then never.

Kosho

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
After reading through this thread I grew tired of you having all the fun...I just bought the series....I expect delivery in the alloted time indicated and hope to be posting soon....
Thanks!!!!!!!
How did you purchase it? Infomercial, website or other? Whats the cost? Maybe I'll look into this instead of a bowflex.

OP
kosho

kosho

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Here is a link to their website. That will explain it all.

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fit...ellers/p90x.do

I have friends who have BO Flex, after some time it just sits there.
with OK progress

This is in CD form and truly pushes you. I have had better resaults
then most of them in a shorter time frame. I truly love this set of CDs.
I have had 2 shoulder surgerys and I have a L5S1 disk issue. by doing this I am feeling better and stronger. I have lost weight in a slow but every week progress.

Hope this helps.

Kosho

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Here is a link to their website. That will explain it all.

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fit...ellers/p90x.do

I have friends who have BO Flex, after some time it just sits there.
with OK progress

This is in CD form and truly pushes you. I have had better resaults
then most of them in a shorter time frame. I truly love this set of CDs.
I have had 2 shoulder surgerys and I have a L5S1 disk issue. by doing this I am feeling better and stronger. I have lost weight in a slow but every week progress.

Hope this helps.

Kosho
Thanks. Can't complain about the price. I think I'll go for it.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I just called and they said if I act now they'll throw in an Ed Parker Jr signature Kenpo uniform absolutely free, LOL.

I gotta find a way to do pull ups in my house. Of all things, I don't have anything in my home that I could use for pull ups.

OP
kosho

kosho

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
$ 15.00 pull up bar at walmart. it goes into door casing in less then 6 min.

Kosho

OP
kosho

kosho

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hello,

Day 29 Gone. Started week 5 tonight. Chest, tris, and shoulders. followed by Ab ripper X.

Man what a work out. toasted. I could not keep up. The blood just running threw the body. I also picked up a Mountain Bike today. Adding that into my work outs also. did 4 miles on it today. then a great BJJ class work out then followed that with P90X. Im done going to bed.

Kosho

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
Okay...this package arrived yesterday. I started looking at the food suppliment program (sounds better than diet) and I'm trying to decide if I should wait until after I come back from vacation....I know the food will be more difficult to control but then I think what better way to test my resolve...plus that gives me 14 days before having to take my shirt off.....Think I will start the exercise tomorrow and do my best to adhere to the food program...
wish me well!!
j,

OP
kosho

kosho

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Good luck. JUst keep pushing PLAY on the DVD. Everyday you get better and stronger. Trust me if you put in the effort you will see a change.
In 16 more days i will be 1/2 way threw it. I plan on posting Numbers then.

Good luck and just push ahead. some of the things you will learn in this is really cool.

Kosho

Kosho Gakkusei

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Steve,
Are you going to be at Hanchi's next instructor training in Rhode Island in May? It'd be interesting for me to see your progress, since the last time I saw you was right before you began the program.

_Don Flatt

OP
kosho

kosho

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Don,
I will be there looking forward to it. Talked with Hanshi about the May weekend the other day. At terry Dows Gathering April 5th and 6th.
Sensei Kelly said he saw some changes and so did Sensei Tony D in how I was moving and how I looked.

I feel a ton better and Today is day 30rd. I have Polymetrics to do. Its a good work out. I also have a 5 mile bike ride planned. I am so Glad I picked this system up. It is just hard work and no going to the GYM or leaving the house. Everything is right here and it takes up VERY little room. Over the Summer I plan on adding a 2 class a week work out Just using the things I have learned in this DVD set.

Don Take care see you in a few weeks.

Kosho

KenpoDave

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
We have integrated the P90X + series into the workout program. At the moment, we are doing week 1 followed by week 5, followed by the + DVDs, then back to week 1.

We split the aerobic days between plyo, the 2 kenpos or my own workout, interval X +, synergistics, and cardio X. We do yoga once a week and go to a yoga class once a week.

Not being real strict, but it was time to break it up a bit. My wife is hoping to use summer vacation (she is a teacher) to do a serious 90 day routine, diet and all, since she will have time to stay on top of food prep. I'm all for that, although driving 1,000 miles a week is a killer on the diet. Difficult to prepare in advance when I am often called out of town for overnight emergencies at the spur of the moment. Wendy's salads are good, but...

OP
kosho

kosho

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Sounds good dave. I also teach and have the summers off. I plan on doing the P90X again during the summer also. I have been really good with following this Program and look forward to day 45. to see what has truly change for me Number wise.

Koaho

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My package arrived today. Saturday I'll go out and buy a pull up bar. I like the one P90X sells on their website, I'll buy that one if I don't find one I like as well.

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
How did you purchase it? Infomercial, website or other? Whats the cost? Maybe I'll look into this instead of a bowflex.
Soory for the late reply...I say you already purchased...I bought on-line....I have the bowflex (gift from a divorcing buddy) and hope to be able to utilize it for the program....don't have weights or bands....I start tomorrow morning...currently burning back up copies for myself to store away...have ruined to many originals in the past.......
CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
kosho

kosho

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Day 31 gone. Today is day 32 will be doing that after I teach this AM.

Kosho

Latest Discussions