Other Hobbies

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Though it sounds like corporate gaming with people's livelihoods is the order of the day I hope at least your "overlords" (goodness, that sounds ominous!!) realise the dedication you have to your field of endeavour! I bet there are not so many women doing what you are doing? Or maybe that is an old view? Oh and can I ask you about something too please Carol? I asked this recently and it was suggested that you would know about it... http://www.fema.gov/news/newsrelease.fema?id=55722 Does this emergency test in a few days include internet providers?

The corporate overlords refers to the company I left ;) My current company is made up of some pretty good folks, and they think I'm a rock star :)

As far as the emergency test, no it doesn't include internet providers. The Emergency Alert System used to be called the Emergency Broadcast System, it applies to US TV/Radio only.

fangjian

Black Belt
Reaction score
Besides martial arts I study Astronomy. I also hope to get into knife making.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Riding my Harley and acting in local theaters..

Last edited:

MaxiMe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
The corporate overlords refers to the company I left ;) My current company is made up of some pretty good folks, and they think I'm a rock star :)

As far as the emergency test, no it doesn't include internet providers. The Emergency Alert System used to be called the Emergency Broadcast System, it applies to US TV/Radio only.
Whew, I'll still be able to log into MT for the relevant news of the day ;)

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

That's just because you show up for work carrying a bass guitar... :)

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That's just because you show up for work carrying a bass guitar... :)

Well ya know, the other Linux admin there is also a guitarist from Berklee. I'm just trying to fit in here :D

Or as I like to say, 20 percent of the R&D division is Berklee grads ;)

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
I used to be more of a guitarist, but I have since been seduced :D

My main instrument at Berklee was guitar (you have to focus on a single instrument) but I played some bass on the side. I had an (independent of school) bass teacher for awhile, I was determined to actually be a bass player and not just a guitarist who knows the notes on the neck, if ya know what I mean. My bass rig (Washburn, Trace Elliot) was stolen from a Boston jingle shop in the 1990s, and after that I didn't have much desire to keep it going. :(

But, things change. A friend of mine asked me to play guitar in his band....I get there to find he is playing guitar, his buddy is also playing guitar, and I'm playing guitar. I see a Squier bass on the wall of the practice space and ask if I can play, they said sure, and I caught the bug all over again. So, now I play an Ibanez Craigslist Deluxe ;) and a borrowed Hartke. Small steps but its so good to be playing again :)

I actually sent the tape and passed the audition to Berklee but went to a regular college instead. Made lifelong friends up there though and was up at Berklee every couple weekends.

Latest Discussions