This is a Test...

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That'll be when the alien ship is landing in Washington to assume secret control of the USA, Jenna :D.

More seriously, I can understand the concept of a test of all national communications infrastructure but it strikes me as just a touch on the Big Brother sinister side to actually close down such things as domestic access to the Net. Is that really what they are planning to do?

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
That'll be when the alien ship is landing in Washington to assume secret control of the USA, Jenna :D.

More seriously, I can understand the concept of a test of all national communications infrastructure but it strikes me as just a touch on the Big Brother sinister side to actually close down such things as domestic access to the Net. Is that really what they are planning to do?
So are you saying this outage will include the ISP providers too then?

As for aliens, they are here already, no? I mean Piers Morgan and Lady Gaga, surely are not of this dimension?

:D

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I thought it was when they were coming to take their people away, America having done their heads in as it does us but we can't escape! :)

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
As I read that notice, it doesn't seem to effect the internet. Carol or a few others with ties to the industry may be able to be more specific -- but it seems like this is simply what it says: A nationwide test of the alert system, covering all the radio, tv, and other media. Here's Wikipedia's info about the system: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergency_Alert_System

Latest Discussions