Opinions on Taekwondo?

tubby

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
a punch can score but it's pretty hard to do. it's supposed to move the opponent, and your hitting a hogu so it has to be a very clear strike in style and power to score anything.

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
The art will work If you make it work. I have seen many good TKD fighters, and many bad ones. I never trained in it so I can't really give an opinion on it.

Balrog

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I always got a kick out of it.
b0282.gif

Me, too.

Jedmus

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I train in ITF Tae Kwondo and in my opinion it really depends on the school. Some teach hand techniques in equal amounts as they do kicking techniques and others don't. If used properly, in the way it was created, Tae Kwondo has very efficient hand techniques. Many people base their knowledge of Tae Kwondo on Olympic Sparring where hand techniques are basically non existant and this is far from what Tae Kwondo is as a Martial Art. Looking at Tae Kwondo in its purest form, with a good Instructor, students will be trained in kicking techniques, hand techniques, self defense techniques and in some schools even some grappling, it can easily stand up against other Martial Arts.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. So I have about 5 years of Taekwondo experience. What do you guys think about it? I hear people say it has weak hand techniques which to this day I disagree with. Do you guys think Taekwondo works in fights against martial artist? My brother and I, both Taekwondo fighters, had to fight 2 guys and school and they both ran away in seconds so I know it works against street fighters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hate TKD. People who train really well at it have kicks that are faster than my kick defenses. Bunch of bastards.

maryf

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
lolz i have just gone through it images on google :p. Martial arts always inspire me,but i wonder is learning them is possible for me?

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lolz i have just gone through it images on google :p. Martial arts always inspire me,but i wonder is learning them is possible for me?
Nearly everyone can learn one martial art or another. The best way to find out is to go try some classes.