Opinions on my videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgsmith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I told myself that I wasn't going to comment, but the "flaming hands" thing was just too funny for me to ignore. Thanks for linking that one for us Chris, I'll be giggling to myself for hours about that. :)

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I told myself that I wasn't going to comment, but the "flaming hands" thing was just too funny for me to ignore. Thanks for linking that one for us Chris, I'll be giggling to myself for hours about that. :)

C'mon guys, that's just the latest in chest hair removal. Waxing is sooo yesterday.

BTW thanks to Chris for finding these. They were far more entertaining than the one Doug posted for review! And Doug, take note. If you really want more people to enjoy your videos, do more like these!!!

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
[Quoted] What do you know, I found something worse! What the hell were you thinking?!?! "As expressed by Chris Parker"
[/Quoted]

Yes, what were you thinking.

My wife came into the computer room and I showed her the flaming hands video. You won't believe what she said, I kid you not. She said,

"what the hell was he thinking". :)

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
wow. that flaming hands... wow. I'm usually at work when I'm on the forum and video is blocked there. I had to go home and watch these. wow. just...wow...I am stunned...

Noah_Legel

Blue Belt
Reaction score
For someone who has been training since before I was born, your form is absolutely terrible. I will not comment on the quality of the videos because you asked for the opinions of martial artists, not cinematographers, but I will also not comment on the content of the videos because Chris already said everything I would have said, and more nicely than I would want to say it. What I will say is this:

I believe that you posted this thread in order to do the same thing that you did with Bullshido--attempt to make you appear to be an innocent victim of cyber bullying so that people who doubt you are discredited.

Gentle Fist

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The flaming hands video is just way out of left field... This needs to be moved over to the Horror Stories section.

Thanks for posting though, I feel so lucky to be in the dojo that I am in after watching it :)

Sanke

Green Belt
Reaction score
Holy crap that flaming hands one was ridiculous!
:eye-popping:
That may be the single worst idea I've ever seen in a martial arts demonstration.
Hilarious though! Love how as soon as the hands are alight you can hear the guy saying 'go go go!' :uhyeah:

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
[yt]X8DNt8XaaW4[/yt]
WOW!!! This is beyond stupid and can be criminal also. What student would do this? You risk the saftey of your students for what?!? All I can say is WOW!!!! Not smart at all. The rest I will not comment on as I try not to say anything bad about any ones techniques as we all try our best and I have taught people that will never have great technique but commend their trying and doing. But the flaming hands is just bad bad bad and nothing good can come from that at all.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Two comments:

1 - Yes, this definately belongs in The Great Debate, since we don't have a Totally Laughable Idiocy section.

2 - We have GOT to get this guy and Billy together... they're soul mates.

OP
D

dougmukashi

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
WOW. I thought I would get some bad criticism, but not on the level of bullshido.
I did not come here to incite anyone.
Response to some of the comments:

I had written a number of responses here, but then thought better of it and deleted them. Why waste my time answering such comments. "Find another instructor"? You have never seen any of my art or my abilities, how can you possibly utter such a silly statement. You seem to want posts to get emotional and heated, not me. So, no comment. Anyone who is serious can PM me or visit in person. Otherwise, I will consider this site as no better than bullshido.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Not all of these comments are inflammatory. You will reply to no one else? Sounds like bait-and-switch posting.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

OP
D

dougmukashi

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
shesulsa, note that I thanked Geezer and Jenna for their comments. Do not read so much into the motives here. I made some video on my phone of some training techniques. That simple. I didn't post techniques, stances, my diplomas.... I wanted some comments on my 1st attempts at video. Is that so bad?

OP
D

dougmukashi

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
See, I fell into that baiting response tactic. Shame on me!!!

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
WOW. I thought I would get some bad criticism, but not on the level of bullshido.

I had written a number of responses here, but then thought better of it and deleted them. Why waste my time answering such comments. "Find another instructor"? You have never seen any of my art or my abilities, how can you possibly utter such a silly statement. You seem to want posts to get emotional and heated, not me. So, no comment. Anyone who is serious can PM me or visit in person. Otherwise, I will consider this site as no better than bullshido.

If the videos you posted are not representative of you and your art, why did you post them and then ask for opinions? Who or what (other than you and your art) are they supposed to represent?

And the replies you got were from serious people.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
shesulsa, note that I thanked Geezer and Jenna for their comments. Do not read so much into the motives here. I made some video on my phone of some training techniques. That simple. I didn't post techniques, stances, my diplomas.... I wanted some comments on my 1st attempts at video. Is that so bad?

Then you might have been better off posting them to a site with serious videographers, instead of serious martial artists. It's a martial arts site, so (not suprisingly) we respond to the martial arts shown (which were laughable). Those who felt competent to comment on the videography did so. Given that they were no more complimentary than those who addressed the content, perhaps you would NOT have been better off posting them to a videography site.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

I am having trouble swallowing that for the very reasons already stated. Cell phone videos are not ideal quality ... you appear to be old enough to glean that. You also appear nonapologetic though transparently sly about your tactics at conversation and intentions not only at Bullshido but here as well.

It's a shame how this has turned out for you, however it is clear to me that you were not completely honest about your intentions and attempted to manipulate and backpedal. This rarely bodes well for anyone anywhere.

Goodbye.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score

I like bullshido. It's a different culture than here, but they're a group of serious martial artists. While this forum has a different personality and culture, we aren't any less honest when it comes to dangerous incompetence.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

We've seen your videos. As I said, perhaps they reflect unfairly on you and your students. Perhaps you would like to counter what people have said, and explain why they aren't as bad as they look? Perhaps you'd like to share some of your actual lineage, since it seems what you've posted elsewhere has been a joke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions