Online/DVD 'Distance' certification

OP
S

Sandstorm

Green Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments on this. It's pretty clear we all have the same stance overall. Now, what can be done about bringing this issue to those who are unaware of such scams? I mean, I could post direct links to those ebay courses or purchase a whole bunch of them and leave negative feedback letting poeple know they are scams, but then, what good would that do, as I'm guessing most of the buyers know full well what they are buying. It's those who will learn from the buyer running classes that will get hit by this.
I can see the benefits of owning such dvd's etc for oneself if it is something that may benefit a more experienced MAist, I, personally don't own a single one and have no desire to. The UK is small enough for us to get around and learn pretty much any style/system or train with whoever we choose. My issue I guess is the overall dilution of systems or even worse, the creation of 'new' systems from inexperienced and incompetent instructors who have the financial support to make their classes look like the dogs' bowlux, thus attracting parents to send poor Johnny, who'll end up training for 4 years to get a Black Belt that's worthless.

Latest Discussions