One good thing, one bad thing ABOUT YOU (Lurkers welcome)

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Good - I'm capable of making other people feel really special
Bad - I'm lazy, so prefer to keep a distance

Aikikitty

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Good--I'm encouraging to others and have a lot of goals I want to accomplish.

Bad--I can be lazy and sometimes put off or give up if something gets to hard.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Good: Been told I have integrity
Bad: Rages denial at what my inner-self is telling me.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Good - I speak fluent dog. All breeds.
Bad - I tend to take people at their word and feel sad when they don't do as they say.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:splutters into his tea:

Xue! I am sad to say my friend that you will never be reborn as an Englishman until that lack of self-deprecation is atoned for :lol:.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
(1) I'm in great shape
(2) I'm old

Now some people will say "your only as old as you feel", which don't change the fact.
To them I would say "lets trade". :)

All kidding aside, I have a great deal to be thankful for, of which I am very much.........

wushuguy

Purple Belt
Reaction score
good: I'm brutally sarcastically honest.
bad: I'm sincerely polite.

And if all else fails... insanity spreads at a ludicrous speed.

ETinCYQX

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Good: I love what I do.

Bad: I take my family for granted waaayyyy too much.

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
To recognise a bad point is a wonderfully introspective and positive thing and I think everyone that contributed deserved praise for it, yet even your perceived bad points can be adjusted I think by your perspective, no? Please please pardon my presumptuousness that I do not know any of you truly, I am not wanting to be facetious and sincerely hope this does not offend anyone.. :)

@Bill Mattocks, bombastic implies showmanship I think so be bombastic and do not miss this vocational calling! Thespianism? Club Raconteur? Author?

@Harlan, political insensitivity reflects true human nature like the innocence of a child. Too much political correctness I think can be affectation. Be insensitive and know you cannot account for the thoughts of others.

@Twin Fist, lack of compassion is merely a superficial sentiment. It is not necessary to have compassion for everyone. I mean, protectors are not overtly compassionate. Their compassion is found in their defence of others.

@Cyriacus, taking things seriously shows diligence and conscientiousness and those traits are harder learned than joviality. I think when you take life seriously you will achieve your goals. At that point everything can be frivolity.

@Steve, you have beat me to it :) stubbornness has multiple connotations depending upon how it is perceived. Smartypants :)

@WC_lun, having patience with stupidity is only necessary if you wish to commune with the stupid. I say perhaps yours is to lead with thought and action. If you teach the incompetent then no longer will there be the stupid for you to endure.

@ballen0351, if you were eternally chirpy with loved ones they would not cope as admirably as they do with the world as it is. The world is temperamental and it is right to know how to manage this and regular cheer from within the gloom is all that is needed to sustain this management. Demonstrate (even despite yourself) that surliness does not preclude love and all will be well.

@oaktree, there can be no better than to do your best. No matter the outcome, your best is always good enough.

@decepticon, to have responsibilities is a sign of respect and among those that have entrusted you with those duties and there is pride to be taken in holding that position and a self-worth that comes from providing a satisfaction in their discharge. If you care about people they may be likewise compassionate. In which case ask for help in lightening your load.

@elder999, the town is surely defined by the citizens. It is true then that you are one of those that helped to make NY great.

@Sukerkin, how often I have thought that the greatest Christian spirit is from the atheist. And being slow to forget is prudent. No experience can be ingrained if it cannot be retained I think :)

@sfs982000, sarcasm is the lowest form of wit only to those that do not comprehend it. I say take heart from being in the 75th percentile.

@Carol, not appreciating people in no way equates to lack of compassion or love and but suggests that you appreciate other aspects of life. If a person is not as engrossing as some other aspect then they are perhaps due less appreciation. Draw out from them what interests you, then you will have greater incentive to give appreciation for those things to those people :)

@Blindside, solved problems are no longer problems, they are potential efficiencies and so your time as Ace Problem Solver is better employed in the solution of new problems. Problem solved.

@Gemini, not everyone is deserving of sympathy; empathy is eternally sufficient.

@David43515, treating money with contempt is faultless if you treat life with respect I think.

@Dirty Dog, forego the fools and surround yourself with wits, and remember that healthy cynicism is device that will safeguard you, your family and your possessions.

@Shesulsa, to admit gullibility to yourself is to acknowledge trustworthiness. That some subsequently prove theirselves unworthy of trust is a fault of theirs and not yours.

@Makalakumu, genius is nothing without the obsession to realise the fruits of that genius.

@Gnarlie, keeping distance is prudent in matters of one's own safety. Allowing access to you on your terms will facilitate your natural people gifts.

@Aikikitty
, laziness is human nature and only through laziness have we become so technologically advanced. Not all mountains can be moved and recognition of this is not to give up when something is hard and but is recognition of what is possible and what implies time more profitably spent elsewhere.

@MA_Caver, self-denial is the route to nirvana some would say. Still even the ascetic can find pleasure in small things. When the intersection between the two is apparent then you are on the right track.

@Em MacIntosh, that you have thought of your emotions implies that you are not out of touch with them. And expression of that emotion is not practical nor suitable for every context. Keep no lid upon your emotion and allow your propriety to dictate their expression and you will not go wrong.

@Buka, Pride yourself in your ability to trust, know that you cannot control anyone else and if they recant their promise then remain happy that you have kept yours and have consistent integrity.

@XS, when you are the best, all that remains to work on is magnanimity and I bet you are probably world's best at that also :)

@seasoned, with age, wisdom, this is not in doubt.

@wushuguy, and your respectfulness will not only gain you dependable friends and will advance your goals, it will also protect you against unnecessary antagonism. I like politeness.

@ETinCYQX, Taking for granted is a sign of comfort and trust. Acknowledge their individuality and then watch how your mindset changes even while your level of comfort and trust in your family need not.

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Good: I am perfect in every way.

Bad: I am overly modest.

:ultracool

OP
Bill Mattocks

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
@Bill Mattocks, bombastic implies showmanship I think so be bombastic and do not miss this vocational calling! Thespianism? Club Raconteur? Author?

I listed it as a negative trait because I often use it to bludgeon people and pound them into the ground verbally. A bully using language as a weapon is still a bully. It's a charge that's been leveled at me from time to time, and it's not unfair to say there is some truth in it. I use words like a sword, and sometimes I hurt people. It's not a good thing.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I listed it as a negative trait because I often use it to bludgeon people and pound them into the ground verbally. A bully using language as a weapon is still a bully. It's a charge that's been leveled at me from time to time, and it's not unfair to say there is some truth in it. I use words like a sword, and sometimes I hurt people. It's not a good thing.

It depends on the context.
Some people deserve to be cut to shreds by the spoken (and written) word.

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I appreciate what you are saying and it is not unusual. Having some therapeutic experience I know that keeping objectivity while honestly acknowledging your disposition, action or demeanour as you, and others that have posted here, have done is difficult and courageous in itself and which is why I wanted to praise you and all that have recognised their own perhaps less than positive traits, all of which are understandable human behaviours. Efficient forward motion away from a troublesome or unfavourable state is only possible after this acknowledgement which is why these outwardly trivial posts are to be lauded.

And but while you and others will admit that it is a characteristic that warrants change, it is ALWAYS possible to reframe these "negative" issues using more pragmatic thought. Seeing the issue as being less rigidly defined allows us to reshape it in a number of ways.

For example, it is generally possible to extract positive notions from even conflicted, paradoxical and destructive behaviours such as that which you have eloquently described. It was not meant as facetious to suggest focussing your oratorical virtuosity towards what in your opinion is some less destructive alternative deployment, or towards an outcome which is approbative for more acceptable reasons. This deployment need not be any less satisfying to you or feel any less natural to you than the former destructive end. I would say that predispositions and preset behaviour can be easily put into flux to make them variable through any number of simple methods.

Anyway, I am sorry if that is too much for just here... I am sorry as praise was my intention not forum incoherence and babbling. Commendations to you and to all for self-honesty and courage in revelation, Jenna :)