OK. Any sort of evidence that chi works. Or not or whatever.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
For ruhanni here is your thread on chi,bending spears and the whole mess. Go buck wild.

OP
drop bear

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Let's kick it off by doing the spear throat thing. Now to be conservative I will suggest it can be a trick. Rather than it always is one at this stage.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Think of Chi as a German trying to become an Ubermein. It is real if you work at it, You are improving or you are not. But these exercises get you somewhere. Right? :)

OP
drop bear

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Think of Chi as a German trying to become an Ubermein. It is real if you work at it, You are improving or you are not. But these exercises get you somewhere. Right? :)

Good point. Don't know. Purely psychological exercises do work.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Do not try and bend the spoon. That is impossible instead only try and realise the truth.
Chi and Char are almost the same word; so, if you build you Char-acter you are improving your Chi-acter. They both mean power. And powers are traits of character. So, get off chi, man! :)

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Übermein is not a word. Explain please?

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
as expected nothing serious was going to come from this topic lol

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
And on a lighter note: when it comes to chi and ki Tuhon Gaje' has the Double L theory. "I will take your 'chi' and double L to it and Chill you, I will take your ki add double L to it and kill you."

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
Chi is real. It's just our overblown definitions and expectations that are messed up. To my way of looking at it, all real chi can be explained through science and biomechanics. I think chi is just the best they could do to explain it back in china. Heck we thought the world was flat and the sun revolved around the earth. Every example of chi I have ever seen that had real life effects I can explain. But then there is the hocus pocus magic touch and bending spoons garbage. Uri Gellar bent spoons with his "chi" he was later proved to be a fake.

Koshiki

Brown Belt
Reaction score
The big stumbling block is that some people are literally using "chi" to mean "a combination of skill, focus, and intuition, also explainable through rational means, but easily summarized by a one syllable word," while some people use the same word to actually refer to some sort of supernatural, undetectable energy. Until someone gives us a clear definition, it's a pretty useless discussion...

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The big stumbling block is that some people are literally using "chi" to mean "a combination of skill, focus, and intuition, also explainable through rational means, but easily summarized by a one syllable word," while some people use the same word to actually refer to some sort of supernatural, undetectable energy. Until someone gives us a clear definition, it's a pretty useless discussion...
Lee say it again. Chi means Power.

Latest Discussions