oi

tateslug

White Belt
Reaction score
%-} hi i am new and i am not reel good whith the samurai sword but it is my wepon of chois i am willin to talk to enyone hoo is entrested in givin me some pointers on the arts of the samurai swords.:)

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome, and happy posting! :wavey:

Have you checked out the Sword Arts section yet? There's some really good information - and really good people providing information - in that section.

KenpoSterre

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Welcome and happy posting. Like Kacey said you should check out the Sword section. If you want to speak to a very knowladgeable person on swords and swordfighting you should look up the name swordlady. Very nice woman.

KenpoSterre

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
You are training sword with a qualified instructor?

If not, I would recommend getting a nice bokken and doing your practice with that until you find a good sword instructor.

Swords are dangerous and not very forgiving. I once knew a guy who ended his martial arts career by cutting his own calf with his katana.

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
btw: what part of Missouri are you in? I'm over here in the Bootheel, more or less.

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome to MT! :wavey: Whereabouts do you live, and what sword arts are you interested in? We may be able to help you find some legit instruction. I noticed on your profile that you are training on your own. For your own safety, please do not use a live blade, since it is VERY easy to cut yourself. Sword arts have many intricate movements that only a qualified instructor can teach you. Books and videos aren't going to cut it (no pun intended).

If you have any other questions, ask away. :)

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk! :)

Mike

Latest Discussions