Now the FBI investigates phone hacking of 9/11 victims by the Murdoch empire.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We've had the shock here of finding out that reporters employed by Murdoch have been hacking into the phones of murder victims, the families of children murdered by a paedophile, the families of soldiers killed in Afghan as well as the phones of politicians and celebrities, now it seems across the water his employees may have hacked into the phones of the 9/11 vitims and their families.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-14162545

When the stories broke some time ago that celebrities phones were being hacked the public didn't really care much but it was the thin edge of the wedge, since then we've discovered there's basically not much this media empire won't do for a story. They got hold of former Prime Ministers Gordon Brown's son's medical records, they've bribed police officers, hacked into phones and emails of fallen soldiers, grubbing around for stories as well as deleting messages off a murdered girl's phone leading the police and her parents to think she was alive.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14017661

I'm afraid that if the FBI find out the allegations are true it may well again be the thin end of the wedge and it will be found out that this 'evil empire' is guilty of far more, we've been told there is more to come here for sure.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bottom line is, it is all about the MONEY that this information will bring. News stories, and the people paid to dig into them will go to the lowest level they have to.

OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Noticable lack of posts lol, could this be because Murdoch is a bastion of the right wingers by any chance?

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Or maybe because you posted it around 4 AM our time on the East Coast (even earlier for folks further west...)...

Sometimes, it's not a conspiracy. It's just slumber...

OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or maybe because you posted it around 4 AM our time on the East Coast (even earlier for folks further west...)...

Sometimes, it's not a conspiracy. It's just slumber...

Sleep? what's sleep? I'm a shift worker lol, I rarely even know what day it is let alone time!

MaxiMe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Right left makes no difference what side of the discussion they are on. It BS IMHO...Hunt them, hear them, and hang 'em if found guilt. Oh from the yard arm would be my method makes for a nice warning to others thinking of going down the same path.

and sorry for taking so long Tez, I was waiting for the alarm clock. lol

JohnEdward

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Yellow Journalism started with William Randolph Hearst. Murdoch turn it into blood Journalism. It is despicable what some people will do for power. Left or right, each side should be disgusted with what Murdoch and his ilk did. What really gets me is to the extent that it did. Murdoch should have never gotten as far as he did.

OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reports are saying Rebekah Brooks has been arrested and is in police custody for alleged phone hacking and police bribery.

Scott T

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Dollars will get you doughnuts that Murdoch himself will be relatively untouched in this... other than the class-action lawsuits on behalf of his victims.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Dollars will get you doughnuts that Murdoch himself will be relatively untouched in this... other than the class-action lawsuits on behalf of his victims.

Mosst likely.

He was on the golf course while that happened...or with one of his GFs...but nowhere near the office... :rolleyes:

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Another top head has gone! The Met police chief, the UK's highest ranking police officer has resigned over this. Get in!!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14180043

This doesn't appear to be regarding the police accepting bribes from that paper, which is a much more serious issue than some phone hacking. Why isn't there more importance being placed on the the bribery part of the scandal by the media?

It has been and may become even more interesting to see how News Corp's competitors in the marketplace, with an obvious conflict of interest, will continue to develop the narrative to this scandal. In comparison to other news scandals, CBS did a great job of confining the 'Rathergate' forged document scandal to just Dan Rather, but CBS didn't have the very powerful political enemies that News Corp has.

cdunn

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
It has been and may become even more interesting to see how News Corp's competitors in the marketplace, with an obvious conflict of interest, will continue to develop the narrative to this scandal. In comparison to other news scandals, CBS did a great job of confining the 'Rathergate' forged document scandal to just Dan Rather, but CBS didn't have the very powerful political enemies that News Corp has.

There is also the matter of reputation. CBS brought us Walter Cronkite. News Corp brought us Glenn Beck.

OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This doesn't appear to be regarding the police accepting bribes from that paper, which is a much more serious issue than some phone hacking. Why isn't there more importance being placed on the the bribery part of the scandal by the media?

It's sub judice. There will be plenty of comment after the investigations and hopefully charges.

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
Unless Murdoch knew what was going on, he shouldn't be hld legally liable and probably won't be. However, if he is a smart man, and I think he really is, he'll address this and take steps to make sure integrity becomes a part of every company he owns. If he does not it will be seen as a green light to do anything to promote a story, as long as you don't get caught.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Unless Murdoch knew what was going on, he shouldn't be hld legally liable and probably won't be. However, if he is a smart man, and I think he really is, he'll address this and take steps to make sure integrity becomes a part of every company he owns. If he does not it will be seen as a green light to do anything to promote a story, as long as you don't get caught.

I have the sneaky suspicion that that's what was going on all along.

I mean it is not a new rumor that tabloids have been messing with celeb's mobiles. At least then, probably due to technology, they just listened in....

I don't think he is innocent...I do believe when the boss knows integrity, the staff follows suit...

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The Chief of Scotland Yard has resigned, with other top cops under investigation...it is very difficult for me to imagine a scandal this deep without the Murdochs having some knowledge of the operations.

Latest Discussions