Now the FBI investigates phone hacking of 9/11 victims by the Murdoch empire.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Looking at the comments on NPR and other media outlets, there sure are a lot of people out with pitchforks. Many have some sort of inside inside information that absolutely know that Murdoch knew what was going on at this one paper in his huge empire, and others that are hoping that both he and his son knew what was going on and that they lose everything. Quite a few NPR fans on Facebook were absolutely brutal regarding Rebekah Brooks' physical appearance.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
"Quite a few NPR fans on Facebook were absolutely brutal regarding Rebekah Brooks' physical appearance.!

In what way, Crushing? I have to admit that tho' she is clearly a 'bad girl' I still reckon she looks pretty good. Tho' I do have to confess a terrible weakness for redheads and strong-willed women :eek:.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
"Quite a few NPR fans on Facebook were absolutely brutal regarding Rebekah Brooks' physical appearance.!

In what way, Crushing? I have to admit that tho' she is clearly a 'bad girl' I still reckon she looks pretty good. Tho' I do have to confess a terrible weakness for redheads and strong-willed women :eek:.

She went for the wild romantic wind swept look....not kempt and made up.

BUT it does not really matter, because she is the bad guy and she will be raked over the coals no matter what.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
She went for the wild romantic wind swept look....not kempt and made up.

BUT it does not really matter, because she is the bad guy and she will be raked over the coals no matter what.

Yeah but I look kinda like her. We both have the same hair at least... :eek:

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

I kind of like the wild red curls.
Naturally, I have neither. but it's part of the game that we still judge a woman by her appearance, not by her deeds.
You will - with the exception of 'The Donald' - not find any reference to the look, style, hairdo or choice of clothes of a man...but women are ALWAYS put under the microscope for that: Nancy Reagan vs Barbara Bush, Angela Merkle, Marsha Clark....we are shallow that way.
There was not a peep about the suits the Murdochs were wearing, or the hair cut of the police chief....

Last edited:

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Completely off topic and forgive my lack of gentlemanly manners in saying such things out loud, Carol, but that 'Susan Sarandon, Witches of Eastwick' look is full of pre-Raphaelite win!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Completely off topic and forgive my lack of gentlemanly manners in saying such things out loud, Carol, but that 'Susan Sarandon, Witches of Eastwick' look is full of pre-Raphaelite win!

Ah, but it is ever so chivalrous coming from you!
:)

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I do think that men get judged on their appearance too, at least more nowadays than previously. Still nowhere the extent that a woman is though, I do concur.

I know that I have taken great pleasure in the double-take I've caused some people to have when they realise that the long-haired, bewhiskered, scruffy herbert in front of them is intelligent, well spoken and polite :lol:.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I do think that men get judged on their appearance too, at least more nowadays than previously. I know that I have taken great pleasure in the double-take I've caused some people to have when they realise that the long-haired, bewhiskered, scruffy herbert in front of them is intelligent, well spoken and polite :lol:.

LOL, yeah, when you show up like that!

But generally speaking, doing what you (men) do normally vs what you (women) do normally....men are not judged by appearance.
Though we have reached a point in time were the male appearance has a wider range now, too.

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
True, aye. I suppose I should say that I was talking about my biker days with the 'scruffy herbert' motif :D.

OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Bet you didn't get arrested for belting your husband though! She did, her hubbie is actor Ross Kemp, always plays hard men and does documentaries on gangs, soldiers etc. Quite funny actually, him being clocked by his missus!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Bet you didn't get arrested for belting your husband though! She did, her hubbie is actor Ross Kemp, always plays hard men and does documentaries on gangs, soldiers etc. Quite funny actually, him being clocked by his missus!

LOL

She must pack quiet a punch....

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

I didn't know that :lol:. Well, it's either 'lucky' Ross or there's a reason his post acting TV career has taken the turn it has i.e. easier being shot at than having dinner with the missus :D

Latest Discussions