Father of 9/11 Victim Fights to Have 'Murdered by Muslim Terrorists' Inscribed on Son's Me

Reggy

White Belt
Reaction score
Reggy, it may be a 'touchy' subject for you but consider that you are not the only one for whom it's a touchy subject. I have worked against terrorism all my working life,I still do. I have lost many friends and loved ones to terrorists and earlier this year I lost a student to a terrorist bomb in Afghanistan where nearly all my students or their fathers /mothers will be from next spring. You may have overlooked too that we have had deaths in this country too from Al Queda bombers.
Passion is good but should never blind you.
I'm glad you enjoyed my signature, your 'advice' made me chuckle.
Tez3....

I am new here, a virtual "nobody", a lowly white belt, and you are clearly "someone" on this forum, a "martial talk Grandmaster".....wow. Your condescending tone, inability to empathize, coupled with your obvious desire to belittle someone of my teeny tiny stature on this site, is really indicative of what this site is all about. Or is it?....Maybe you don't realize that with your seniority here, you also get the responsibility of being a good ambassador, and not just throwing your weight around. Interesting how you "project" and advise me to never let my passion blind me....see much, do you?....Finally, humility allows one to honestly take advice and to "mull things over"....not belittle the person who advises......that's just bad form.

Quite sad, this site is billed as a "friendly discussion about the martial arts". I understand that this topic is "off topic" and is a "touchy subject", but I must say that if little sarcastic jabs, and snarky, snide remarks and "put-downs", are all this site's "mentors" and "GrandMasters" have to offer....y'all can have fun playing with yourselves.
I'll just go elsewhere.....Sukerkin, thank you for trying....honestly.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fine, on your advice then I shall leave this forum to you.

The Last Legionary

All warfare is based on deception.<br><b>nemo malu
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's accurate. It's also tasteless and disrespectful of the dead, in my opinion.

Hate crimes against anyone looking arab since 9/11/01: 785 (as of 10/01)

Victims of 9/11 included more than just American's, and more than just Christians.
Casualties of the September 11 attacks included a total of 2,974 fatalities, excluding the 19 hijackers: 246 on the four planes (from which there were no survivors), 2,603 in New York City in the towers and on the ground, and 125 at the Pentagon.[1][2] An additional 24 people remain listed as missing.[3] All of the fatalities in the attacks were civilians except for 55 military personnel killed at the Pentagon.[4] More than 90 countries lost citizens in the attacks on the World Trade Center.[5] In 2007, the New York City medical examiner's office added Felicia Dunn-Jones to the official death toll from the September 11 attacks. Dunn-Jones died five months after 9/11 from a lung condition which was linked to exposure to dust during the collapse of the World Trade Center.
(Found at Wikipedia)

The international community, including many of the US's long standing opponents expressed disbelief, and condemned the attacks. Countries like Iran, Cuba and China offered condolences. Even terrorists like Arafat condemned the attacks.

To paint all Muslims by the actions of the few responsible, is wrong, as wrong as to paint all Christians by the actions of it's few fanatics.

And Reggy, you're new here. A word of advice. Come in swinging, and you don't last long. You have an issue, report it and let the staff handle it. This isn't what you're most likely used to, but, we don't mix the bull here.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ten minutes ago I was thinking sod it, I'll leave MT as I really am not in the mood to be faffed around with but now I'm thinking, no I won't give anyone the satisfaction.

Reggy, 'grandmaster' means nothing other than a high post count, having been here a while that's natural enough.
I have not patronised you at all, in fact I've been honest with you, if you don't understand my English sense of humour, pm and I'll explain. I use 'my dear' a lot, it's an English expression.
As many could tell you here, if I was out to belittle you I would have done so thoroughly. You would have come out feeling so small you could have hidden under a pebble.
Put downs? snide comments? you have clearly been reading things that aren't there.
Your 'advice' did make me chuckle, why shouldn't I say so, I'd be fascinated to know exactly how you see me? A large muscle bound, tattooed MMA fighter with anger issues? But that would be too amusing......
I've been under the weather with some foul virus and really very depressed but a little bit of fighting spirit is peeping out so Reggie if you don't like my posts you have a couple of alternatives, you can report them or you can put me on ignore but don't ever throw accusations at me again.

sadantkd

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Remember the rash of sting-ray mutilations after Steve Irwin's death?

I'm all in favor of a memorial to the women murdered as witches by Christian terrorists, African-Americans lynched by Christian terrorists, etc. If that seems unpalatable to you...consider why.

Your ridiculous post would make more sense if you talked about African-Americans lynched by Democrat Party terrorists, since that's what the KKK actually were.

sadantkd

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Religion matters because whether we want to believe it or not, their religion was the driving influence that led them to murder his son, and have led them to murder hundreds and hundreds of thousands of other innocent people be they Christian, jewish, Hindu, Buddhist, Muslim or of any other religion. Muslims across the middle east and around the world celebrated the 9-11 attack, and I'm pretty sure they weren't all members of Al Qaeda.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
And Muslims across the world also condemned the attacks.
People in the US applauded the attacks.

The terrorists are guided by a misunderstanding of their faith, are led by cowards who send children to die under threat, cowards who are a disgrace to their faith.

America is seen as both a great good for all the charity and aid we provide, and a great evil for all the harm we bring and all the corrupt regimes we've supported in the name of politics. Ask that family in Afghanistan whose wedding was disrupted by American bombs, if we're heros or terrorists.

I condemn all acts of terrorism, regardless of source. When someone is dead, it doesn't matter whose bullet killed them.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your ridiculous post would make more sense if you talked about African-Americans lynched by Democrat Party terrorists, since that's what the KKK actually were.

You may not agree with Arnisador but it's unecessary to call his post and opinion ridiculous.
A good many of those who 'celebrated' 9/11 weren't Al Queda, in that you are correct, but were mostly supporters if not members of terrorist groups such as Hamas and other anti American groups.

sadantkd

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I take it you have some documentation of the rash of attacks on hinus and seiks, or anybody for that matter in response to 9-11. I've heard a lot of rumors and inuendo, but to date haven't seen any evidence of it actually having happened.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I take it you have some documentation of the rash of attacks on hinus and seiks, or anybody for that matter in response to 9-11. I've heard a lot of rumors and inuendo, but to date haven't seen any evidence of it actually having happened.

Who are hinus and seiks?

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
A word to the wise...

This is a volatile topic, with strong emotions on many sides. I also think it's a worthy topic to discuss, and lots of interesting points have been made.

So let's try to watch the shots and snipes, huh?

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have first hand knowledge of at least 1 attack 5 minutes from me, and 2nd hand knowledge from the victim of continuous harassment who also happens to be a member of this site. He can pipe up if he wants to, but he's posted it before here.

As to the rest, see wiki.
Hate crimes

Numerous incidents of harassment and hate crimes were reported against Middle Easterners and other "Middle Eastern-looking" people in the days following the 9/11 attacks.[151][152] Sikhs were also targeted because Sikh males usually wear turbans, which are stereotypically associated with Muslims. There were reports of verbal abuse, attacks on mosques and other religious buildings (including the firebombing of a Hindu temple) and assaults on people, including one murder: Balbir Singh Sodhi was fatally shot on September 15, 2001. He, like others, was a Sikh who was mistaken for a Muslim.[151]
According to a study by Ball State University, people perceived to be Middle Eastern were as likely to be victims of hate crimes as followers of Islam during this time. The study also found a similar increase in hate crimes against people who may have been perceived as members of Islam, Arabs and others thought to be of Middle Eastern origin.[153]
Muslim American reaction

Top Muslim organizations in the United States were swift to condemn the attacks on 9/11 and called "upon Muslim Americans to come forward with their skills and resources to help alleviate the sufferings of the affected people and their families".[154] Top organizations include: Islamic Society of North America, American Muslim Alliance, American Muslim Council, Council on American-Islamic Relations, Islamic Circle of North America, and the Shari'a Scholars Association of North America. Along with massive monetary donations, many Islamic organizations launched blood drives and provided medical assistance, food, and shelter for victims.[155][156][157]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/September_11_attacks#Hate_crimes

sadantkd

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Last Legionary, are we to assume then that you trust wikipedia as a source in other areas as well? You realize of course that there is absolutely no fact check for that site.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have first hand knowledge of at least 1 attack 5 minutes from me, and 2nd hand knowledge from the victim of continuous harassment who also happens to be a member of this site. He can pipe up if he wants to, but he's posted it before here.

As to the rest, see wiki.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/September_11_attacks#Hate_crimes
[FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]Muslim Victims of September 11th Attack
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica][FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]Imagine being the family of Salman Hamdani. The 23-year-old New York City police cadet was a part-time ambulance driver, incoming medical student, and devout Muslim. When he disappeared on September 11, law enforcement officials came to his family, seeking him for questioning in relation to the terrorist attacks. They allegedly believed he was somehow involved. His whereabouts were undetermined for over six months, until his remains were finally identified. He was found near the North Tower, with his EMT medical bag beside him, presumably doing everything he could to help those in need. His family could finally rest, knowing that he died the hero they always knew him to be.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica][FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]Or imagine being Baraheen Ashrafi, nine months pregnant with her second child. Her husband, Mohammad Chowdhury, was a waiter at Windows of the World restaurant, on the top floors of Tower One. The morning of September 11, they prayed salaat-l-fajr (the pre-dawn prayer) together, and he went off to work. She never saw him again. Their son, Farqad, was born 48 hours after the attacks -- one of the first 9/11 orphans to be born. In an interview with CTV Canada, she relates that in the months to follow, she mourned for her husband and endured the hostility of some ignorant people around her. "When they saw me ... I'm wearing a scarf. There is a hate look."[/FONT][/FONT]
http://islam.about.com/blvictims.htm

[FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica][FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]Partial List of Muslim 9/11 Victims
See above link
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
[FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]Muslim Victims of September 11th Attack
[/FONT]
http://islam.about.com/blvictims.htm

[FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica][FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]Partial List of Muslim 9/11 Victims
See above link
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
Found this as well
[FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]A full report of backlash incidents has been compiled and published by the Council on American Islamic Relations. They documented 1717 incidents of violence, threats, and bias in the first six month alone. While the report highlights the worst cases of hatred and violence, it also brings out the positive: the American Muslim community's assistance in 9/11 relief and law enforcement efforts, and support offered to Muslims by Americans of other faiths.[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]The full report is available to download from the Council on American-Islamic Relations:[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]American Muslims: One Year After 9/11
(Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat versions)
[/FONT]​
[FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]A summary of the report can be found by clicking here.[/FONT]
http://islam.about.com/library/weekly/aa091401a.htm

sadantkd

Orange Belt
Reaction score
You may not agree with Arnisador but it's unecessary to call his post and opinion ridiculous.
A good many of those who 'celebrated' 9/11 weren't Al Queda, in that you are correct, but were mostly supporters if not members of terrorist groups such as Hamas and other anti American groups.

And, what is the main thing those terrorist groups have in common? It's right on the tip of my tongue.

And by the way, the point of his post is absolutely ridiculous. There is nothing in Christianity, or in our holy book that justifies lynching blacks. It was Christians who formed the abolitionist movement that led to the formation of the Republican party and the Civil war faught to end slavery.

The Last Legionary

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Last Legionary, are we to assume then that you trust wikipedia as a source in other areas as well? You realize of course that there is absolutely no fact check for that site.
If you're looking for doctorate level citations, you won't get them from me. I posted a link and a decent site. You can follow it's supplied references, or you can keep your head in the sand. Either way, it's not my job to work hard to correct your ignorance. Spend some time on Google or Bing or Yahoo and you will find articles at CNN, Fox, ABC, NBC and other credible news sources. Or don't.

The Last Legionary

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
And, what is the main thing those terrorist groups have in common? It's right on the tip of my tongue.

And by the way, the point of his post is absolutely ridiculous. There is nothing in Christianity, or in our holy book that justifies lynching blacks. It was Christians who formed the abolitionist movement that led to the formation of the Republican party and the Civil war faught to end slavery.
*Cough* Crusades *Cough*.

Genocide against Jews and Muslims, blessed by several Popes, over centuries.

Not in the book, but blessed, sanctioned and insisted upon by the leaders of the faith.

Edited to add: Your history is wrong mate. The Civil War fallacies were debunked here by Kaith and a few others way back when. But that's a huge tangent. As is the arrogant view of missionaries that resulted in numerous cultures being wiped out in the name of the Christian "God". Spanish conquest in South and Central America, the Crusades, The Spanish Inquisition, the forced conversion of Native American's in the US, etc. Not in the book, but still done by Christians in the name of Christ. Christianity is about as peaceful as a mosh pit if we look not at the words, but the actions of those professing the words.

sadantkd

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Just so everybody knows, I have no hatred or dislike for anybody who hasn't earned it. Not that I feel the need to justify myself to anybody, but the simple fact is that I have friends, co-workers, students and long time associates of all races and religions. That said, the facts are the facts. Islam is the driving force behind Islamic Terrorism. Until, large numbers of Muslims are willing to stand up and drive the changes their religion requries (not unlike the number of Catholics who have risen up to demand an end to the clergy abuse), their religion will continue to be used to drive people to commit heinous acts like 9-11, the U.S.S. Cole, the first WTC attack, the Kobar Towers and the attacks that have killed countless Muslims around the world.

Fantasies, lies and hoaxes perpetrated by CAIR aside, there have been very few attacks on Muslims in this country or anywhere else in the world in retaliation for 9-11. The FBI, the ACLU and the justice department are very aggressive in investigating and prosecuting hate crimes, but how many prosecutions have we seen.

sadantkd

Orange Belt
Reaction score
the crusades? Oh you mean the struggle to get back the lands the invading Muslims had stolen from Christians? I don't know what kind of so-called proof somebody used to try and change the history of the civil war, but the facts are well known.

Latest Discussions