Now I've Seen Everything.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
fistlaw720 said:
1995 is a long time ago!!!!

There are Grandmasters today, that weren't even in the arts way back in 1995. :rolleyes:

Well sure if your a Grandmaster it's a long time ago :)

1995 A LONG TIME AGO...... that was only 11 years ago..... ok maybe 1994 was a long tiome ago but 1995... NO WAY!!!!!

Damn I AM old.....

Drac said:
Ditto...Except the years in...About 14 for me....

Dracula the undead had only been in 14 years by 1995….. I’ve been doing this longer than Nosferatu…..OH That’s it I’m going to the nearest retirement home, pulling up a rocking chair.

DAMN kids today NO respect and GIT of o my lawn.... :)

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Xue Sheng said:
Dracula the undead had only been in 14 years by 1995.:)

I should clarify that statement...14 years in THIS reincarnation..

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Xue Sheng said:
OK I feel better now... But I have to admit sitting and rocking on a porch sounds pretty good right about now :)

I hear ya there..Somedays its an effort to crawl out of the crypt...

D.Cobb

2nd Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Could you imagine that show The Surreal Life with a gaggle of cheezy MA'ists all under the same roof?
Hmmm, let's see. We can put Ashida Kim, Charlie Mattera, Rod Sacharnowski, David Carradine & Steven Seagal all in the same house, and watch as they play all kinds of wacky kung fu antics!:partyon:

Franco

Don't forget those other REAL martial artists.... George (I trained under Oyata) Dillman, Mark (Grandmaster in record time) Kline, Evan (I wanna be the next George Dillman) Pantazi, and Jim (I'll follow Evan anywhere) Corn.

These guys are a real Knock Out.

--Dave

D.Cobb

2nd Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
There is a huge difference between whether someone likes or dislikes something and whether something is good or bad. It would seem, with some exceptions, that the majority of your comments are based around whether you liked it or not. Your interest in martial arts shows obviously revolves around documentaries, which is well and noble and good. But to try and draw a parallel to music, your comments seem equivolent to someone saying "Bach is a bad song writer. You can't dance to ANY of his songs! There's not even a guitar!"

I'm not trying to dis you at all. All I'm saying is that I think you're missing the point of the show.

To say an apple pie fails at being a crisp fresh apple misses the whole point of the pie.

Mmmmm.... pie....

I should really eat before starting these posts.

Yeah but what do you call the pie, when the baker leaves the apples out?
In this case, the artists left the "Martial" out.

--Dave

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Don't forget those other REAL martial artists.... George (I trained under Oyata) Dillman, Mark (Grandmaster in record time) Kline, Evan (I wanna be the next George Dillman) Pantazi, and Jim (I'll follow Evan anywhere) Corn.

These guys are a real Knock Out.

--Dave

I'll finally have the oppertunity to meet and train with GM George Dillman at the Combat Hapkido seminar in Lexington KY in Nov..I am really looking forward to it...

D.Cobb

2nd Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
I'll finally have the oppertunity to meet and train with GM George Dillman at the Combat Hapkido seminar in Lexington KY in Nov..I am really looking forward to it...

If you are an exeptional martial artist, you may even walk away with a Dan grading in The Dillman Method, or whatever it is that he calls his stuff these days.

A word to the wise though, don't volunteer.... The man likes to bash people. Especially if he doesn't knock you out with his first try, he'll bash even harder on the second or third try.

He did it to one of the Gracies and needed his bodyguards, or whatever they were, to stop from being turned into a pretzel. Those Gracies don't like to lay down for you, andthey don't appreciate being bashed on the jaw.

--Dave

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If you are an exeptional martial artist, you may even walk away with a Dan grading in The Dillman Method, or whatever it is that he calls his stuff these days.

A word to the wise though, don't volunteer.... The man likes to bash people. Especially if he doesn't knock you out with his first try, he'll bash even harder on the second or third try.

He did it to one of the Gracies and needed his bodyguards, or whatever they were, to stop from being turned into a pretzel. Those Gracies don't like to lay down for you, andthey don't appreciate being bashed on the jaw.

--Dave

Thanks for the heads up..Bashing one of the Gracies??? Not a wise move for ANYONE...I NEVER volunteer to Uke for anyone that I have'nt worked with before...

IWishToLearn

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up..Bashing one of the Gracies??? Not a wise move for ANYONE...I NEVER volunteer to Uke for anyone that I have'nt worked with before...

I'd have to agree. No matter how highly respected or recommended...unless I've seen you move and get the right vibe from ya...my butt ain't gettin on the firing line.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'd have to agree. No matter how highly respected or recommended...unless I've seen you move and get the right vibe from ya...my butt ain't gettin on the firing line.

Amen Brother...

hongkongfooey

Black Belt
Reaction score
Just don't pick up your big toes when Georgie tries to knock you out. You'll make him look bad.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I volunteered to be the Uke for a Dan Bong Instructor...Before the students arrived he showed me 2 Dan Bongs, one made of rubber and the normal wooden one...He held out the rubber one and said "You can make me look good",then he held out the wooden one "Or I can make me look good"...I made him look REAL good...

D.Cobb

2nd Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
I volunteered to be the Uke for a Dan Bong Instructor...Before the students arrived he showed me 2 Dan Bongs, one made of rubber and the normal wooden one...He held out the rubber one and said "You can make me look good",then he held out the wooden one "Or I can make me look good"...I made him look REAL good...

:D Man that's funny!!

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:D Man that's funny!!

It was a good class as he is an excellent instructor..I reacted with facial contortions and went down everytime..One technique did not really hurt but I went down anyway sans the grimace of pain..."You're making me look bad",he said "Do it again and no more beer for the duration of the seminar..

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It was a good class as he is an excellent instructor..I reacted with facial contortions and went down everytime..One technique did not really hurt but I went down anyway sans the grimace of pain..."You're making me look bad",he said "Do it again and no more beer for the duration of the seminar..

:lfao: :lfao: :lfao: :lfao:

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I should add that after he threatened to cut of my beer supply I immediately flopped to the floor.."This technique can sometimes have a delayed action" he said with a straight face... The rest of us broke up ...

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Made it back without injury..I didn't volunteer to be an Uke..He did walk over to correct a technique whick involved a strike to inside of your arm..I was like getting hit with a sledge hammer...

Latest Discussions