Now I've Seen Everything.

Gufbal1982

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Looks like I need to start subscribing to BB, I'll go pick one up at the local magazine rack. I've only seen him at a Black Belt Magazine seminar in 2005 and then on the China 2006 trip seminars. In a few years I'd love to be coloring my hair; but unfortunately, my hair is slowly falling out.

Regards,

Mike

LOL about the hair! Sorry...I have a lot of hair, and anyone that knows me will verify that statement. I'll give you some next time I get a haircut.=)

BigKiai

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
LOL about the hair! Sorry...I have a lot of hair, and anyone that knows me will verify that statement. I'll give you some next time I get a haircut.=)

I have thick hair, but my family curse is a receding hair line that eventually wins the battle. I'd love to shave all my hair off and see what I'd look like, but my wife's vote outweighs mine.

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Asa Rainey is a Kenpo teacher. He is on the Ed parker family tree under Dave Hebler. He was originally promoted to black belt by Grandmaster Ed Parker in the early 70's and was promoted all the way up to 6th black by Mr. Parker prior to Mr. Parkers death. Asa Rainey is currently Ranked 8th degree kenpo black and he is my good friend, as well as my Kenpo teacher, for a long time now. As far as I know and have ever seen, he is one of the best practitioners and teachers of kenpo that there is. He still comes by my kenpo school from time to time and teaches my students. His kenpo flows smoothly and has an incredible amount of power when he wishes to apply it.

His son (ok, stepson) JD, who I train with, has that fluid power thing going on too. Every sparring session with him is an experience.

Kenpsy7

White Belt
Reaction score
Tell J.D. that Wade Davis says Hi. I haven't seen him for about 13 or 14 years now. He was a young pre adult the last time that I saw him. And youre right, he was trained by his dad {step father}. Nearly everyone that Asa Rainey trained to any level of proficiency has a great degree of fluid transitional power with real situation applicability. Anyhow, tell him that Mr. Davis says hi and to not be a stranger...He's like family. I teach in Puyallup and he is welcome to stop in anytime.

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
He says hi back. He was in the middle of practicing (he's actually a decently famous breakdancer now),

Here's on of his breakdancing vids:

Last edited by a moderator: