Now I've Seen Everything.

OP
Danjo

Danjo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
It would be more interesting if it was like that show, "Dancing With the Stars." Where each one saw if they could kick the crap out of Steven Seagal.

BTW, looks like Jackie Chan will also be involved.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Danjo said:
It would be more interesting if it was like that show, "Dancing With the Stars." Where each one saw if they could kick the crap out of Steven Seagal

Now THAT'S entertainment!!!!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Danjo said:
It would be more interesting if it was like that show, "Dancing With the Stars." Where each one saw if they could kick the crap out of Steven Seagal.

BTW, looks like Jackie Chan will also be involved.

Not much surprises me about Jackie since the Jackie Chan Cartoon series.

And I hate to say it, but I'm still betting on Seagal, but if you throw in Jet Li that could be more interesting, I mean he did make a few movies about Shaolin after all.

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Xue Sheng said:
I am still betting on Seagal to come out the winner in that one. :uhyeah:

Even though he has become rather pudgy and somewhat rotund (that's OK, he's wearing mostly loose-fitting, flowing Eastern regalia these days), I'd have to agree on that one.

OP
Danjo

Danjo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
With his new 10th degree, I can't believe that they haven't stopped the search and just asked Christopher Geary to represent the Shaolin Temple. He could even decorate it for them.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Danjo said:
With his new 10th degree, I can't believe that they haven't stopped the search and just asked Christopher Geary to represent the Shaolin Temple. He could even decorate it for them.

Who the heck is Christopher Geary?

I had to look that up on the internet and I got his website, nice dragon rug by the way, but who the heck is he?

Pardon my ignorance here but I am an Ex JMA, KMA guy turned CMA and I’m old too.

OP
Danjo

Danjo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Xue Sheng said:
Who the heck is Christopher Geary?

I had to look that up on the internet and I got his website, nice dragon rug by the way, but who the heck is he?

Pardon my ignorance here but I am an Ex JMA, KMA guy turned CMA and I’m old too.

Take a look at the USSD thread to find out.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Danjo said:
Take a look at the USSD thread to find out.

Read it and all I can say is ALRIGHTY THEN.....

So the 10th was past to him when his this other guy died... via the mail.... okie dokie

WHAT IS HE ON A KLINGON BATTLE CRUISER!!!!
When the head guy dies they all go up in rank!?!?

Now Klingons against Seagal...now there’s a fight...

But it is still a nice dragon rug on his site... Maybe he could spruce the temple up a bit.

OP
Danjo

Danjo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Xue Sheng said:

So the 10th was past to him when his this other guy died... via the mail.... okie dokie

But it is still a nice dragon rug on his site... Maybe he could spruce the temple up a bit.

I wonder if they all stood around and howled in the air to warn the afterlife that a warrior was coming?

Kensai

Black Belt
Reaction score
Xue Sheng said:

I could only wish Seagal KAPLA... Or however it's meant to be spelt. Please don't corrrect me anyone, I'm being insincere... ;)

Seriously though, this is a joke. Right?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Danjo said:
I wonder if they all stood around and howled in the air to warn the afterlife that a warrior was coming?
\

Well of course... but only after they held his eyes open...

Then they got together went to the post office and mailed the 10th Dan out. Told each other (As Kensai mentioned) kelpa (I have no idea how it is spelled either) and went off to fight the Enterprise (all of course one dan or belt higher than they were before).

Give me a break, “Received in the mail”…

Kensai

Black Belt
Reaction score
Xue Sheng said:
\

Well of course... but only after they held his eyes open...

Then they got together went to the post office and mailed the 10th Dan out. Told each other (As Kensai mentioned) kelpa (I have no idea how it is spelled either) and went off to fight the Enterprise (all of course one dan or belt higher than they were before).

Give me a break, “Received in the mail”…

:asian:

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Xue Sheng said:
Not much surprises me about Jackie since the Jackie Chan Cartoon series.

And I hate to say it, but I'm still betting on Seagal, but if you throw in Jet Li that could be more interesting, I mean he did make a few movies about Shaolin after all.

Hey, the Jackie Chan Cartoons were better than the Chuck Norris Cartoons.

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
What's wrong with reality TV and Martial Arts? Didn't anyone see Final Fu? That show was fun!

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
hongkongfooey said:
Final Fu was bad. Somehow, I think this show will be worse.

What's your criterion for what makes shows such as these good or bad?

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Xue Sheng said:
Actually the post is not about ALL reality shows but this one

http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35407

Read the first post.

And the last comment of mine had nothing to do with reality TV at all.

I know what it's about. I just haven't seen why ya'll think it's automatically going to be bad. It seems like people have prejudged it because a) it's a reality show, and/or b) It's Demasco and Mattera. I was delving into the former when I asked for criteria for what makes a martial arts reality show. The latter is not really worth arguing as those who are already against Demasco and/or Mattera have made up their mind, and don't seem on this board to be open to friendly discussion on the topic.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Josh Oakley said:
I know what it's about. I just haven't seen why ya'll think it's automatically going to be bad. It seems like people have prejudged it because a) it's a reality show, and/or b) It's Demasco and Mattera. I was delving into the former when I asked for criteria for what makes a martial arts reality show. The latter is not really worth arguing as those who are already against Demasco and/or Mattera have made up their mind, and don't seem on this board to be open to friendly discussion on the topic.

Sorry, then I was mistaken.

I personally do not like any reality shows and the one in question seems well not good even by comparison.

Other than that you appear to be looking for an argument which I will not give you.

You want room 12A, just along the corridor

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Xue Sheng said:
Sorry, then I was mistaken.

I personally do not like any reality shows and the one in question seems well not good even by comparison.

Other than that you appear to be looking for an argument which I will not give you.

You want room 12A, just along the corridor

Actually, I'm glad your not giving me that argument. As for the reality show side of it, I'm waiting till I see it. I was hesitant at Final Fu, and though it's not everything I had hoped for, all in all it was fun, and good, for what it was.

I'm reserving judgement until I see the show. It could be a great show, or it could be crap. We shall see.

Latest Discussions